What's new

About Rousey's Vocal Performance...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I saw no issue whatsoever with her vocal performance during the story mode.
Ronda Rousey was pretty good in Story mode and her one line zingers during are very effective. she has done good.
Ronda Rousey was pretty good in Story mode and her one line zingers during are very effective. she has done good.
Lol, I told everybody.. You don’t need to be an Oscar-caliber actor to play a role in a Mortal Kombat game.

So many people here were majorly jumping to conclusions and rioting before the game was even out.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
So far I thought a couple of the line readings were a little off, just with the way that a couple things were phrased, but that could just as much be the writing and directing as her voice acting.

Justice

Noob
I think Rhonda did just fine. Granted, she doesn't have much acting experience (she got the WWE gig and MK all within the last year and a bit) so she's green. But I think she brings a sense of reality to the character being a person who can legitimately kick your ass. Sure some of her lines are lame, some of her delivery isn't as dynamic as a better-trained actress, but in this case, I feel that works for her in that her voice really fits Sonya.

Give her time. She'll improve. Unless she voices Catwoman in Injustice 3. THEN we riot :D

Honestly guys she doesnt have a lot of range. It's a clear step down from past performances of Sonya. I really don't know what they were thinking.

That's just my opinion, watch the vid and decide for youself.

It's as of she's merely speaking lines and less like she's acting. Every other actor seems to be hitting much farther than she is. She sounds thoroughly outclassed here.
It sounds like they just handed her a script and a mic and were like "Read this out loud." and then went with her first take on everything.

Reminds me of when you're in elementary school and they make students take turns reading parts of a book aloud to the class, but everyone's nervous and nobody wants to do it so they just robot their way through it.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
Uhm I don't mean to be disrespectful to the voice actress who did Sonya's voicework on MKX but, she sounded so whiny to me. I like Ronda's grunts and you know her voice during a fight but i can agree with the fact that she could have done better in the story mode

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
sure she could have done Better forsay, but IMO way better than x, where she seemed like a backround Khar. no offence nor disrespect to the previous actor just like ronda's better