What's new

Ability to record the dummy in training mode!

They really, really need to put out a patch for this. It's so annoying that you cannot really test out stuff in the lab unless you have someone sitting next to you that can pull of the moves for you.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I thought it was going to be part of the last patch, something inside me doubts we will get this.
At least I think the game is tournament level apart from this.

Seriously, it's pathetic that they haven't patched this in yet. I know it isn't a hard fix. They just are too dumb to realize how important it is.

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
Seriously, it's pathetic that they haven't patched this in yet. I know it isn't a hard fix. They just are too dumb to realize how important it is.
You could use the way Vulcan Hades did it in a Stryker video about finding frame data he posted on Youtube where you set them to block always and jump and right when the move hits press start and change the block to off. It has been very useful since you can do this by yourself and it can be the alternative way until they patch in the record/playback feature like in SSF4.

You could use the way Vulcan Hades did it in a Stryker video about finding frame data he posted on Youtube where you set them to block always and jump and right when the move hits press start and change the block to off. It has been very useful since you can do this by yourself and it can be the alternative way until they patch in the record/playback feature like in SSF4.
Yeah, that is cool, but what I really want is this. For example, I want to go into training room and choose Cyber Sub-Zero and Kung Lao. Then I want to play Cyber Sub-Zero as the "dummy" and record him doing dive kicks. Then, I want to switch to Kung Lao and practice or figure out ways to punish it by having the dive kicks come at me over and over.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Yeah, that is cool, but what I really want is this. For example, I want to go into training room and choose Cyber Sub-Zero and Kung Lao. Then I want to play Cyber Sub-Zero as the "dummy" and record him doing dive kicks. Then, I want to switch to Kung Lao and practice or figure out ways to punish it by having the dive kicks come at me over and over.
Yes, I've been wanting that feature from day one. What Feraligator described is different, it's a way to figure out the frame data for moves. As the Training mode currently is, there is no way to practice defense, counter-attacks, and strategies against certain attacks and combos (unless of course you have a person sitting next to you, doing the same move over and over, but who in their right mind would do that lol).

Yes, I've been wanting that feature from day one. What Feraligator described is different, it's a way to figure out the frame data for moves. As the Training mode currently is, there is no way to practice defense, counter-attacks, and strategies against certain attacks and combos (unless of course you have a person sitting next to you, doing the same move over and over, but who in their right mind would do that lol).
It's not ideal, but there is a way that is fairly bootleg mind (where another player is not needed). Set the CPU to expert and play. Frankly it's helped me alot especially on punishes, hit confirms with Sub Zero into Freeze and on expert, the engine takes a "tick box" view of dealing with situations, so on the whole it goes through a list of possible responses and picks it's best option. As an example I found that vs Sindel meaty sweep beats all her reversal wake up options...all of them! But in order to get there I just used the CPU ability to pick a wake up and got blown up by it until I realised I had no attacking option, or I found a solution. I spent 30 mins last night doing the same thing vs Skarlet and was getting smashed by her teleport everytime I did a lazy clone 9so i now know not to bother in certain situations), plus I was just experiementing with what seemed punishable on block and what my best setups after slide might be (or to leave slide out).

This does not mean I think it's okay as I would like to record strings and pressure I see often and try and find ways out, post knockdown options....etc, or just rinse punishes that I currently find hard. If there is no frame data then fine, but on the grounds this mode gets added and works properly.