What's new

A small gripe about Injustice

Admittedly, there's a very real chance that it's probably only 0.1% of players that actually care about this, but at any rate, I'm one of them.

Injustice uses a light/medium/hard attack scheme, right? And that's fair enough. What really bothers me is how inconsistently this scheme is applied.

Look at Cyborg, for example. His hardest hitting special attack is db1... which is supposed to be a light attack. And with his 112/113 strings, logically one would expect the latter to be harder hitting... but it isn't.

With regards to The Joker, his db1 (again, ostensibly a 'light' attack) hits harder and is slower than db2 (a 'medium' attack). In f232, the '3' hit does 2% damage and, like Cyborg, he has 112/113 strings, with the former having a more powerful end hit than the latter.

And most every character has some sort of discrepancy like this - 'hard' attacks which don't actually hit all that hard, 'light' attacks which are actually powerful etc. Unlike, say, Street Fighter, where light/medium/hard attacks are exactly what it says on the tin. It really meshes with the game's flow, which is a damn shame really.

My hope is that if Injustice 2 ever comes about, they might be able to make the attack mapping a bit more consistent.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I think L/M/H are nothing but different properties on the attack itself, like a Heavy Tatsu is different from a Light Tatsu(not including number of hits) property wise