What's new

A simple yet deadly combo

Back when I was learning Johnny Cage, I only knew his ->11, <- 1 combo. I learned that you can upgrade that combo to deal a lot more damage. Do the -> 11, then, before all attacks land, do his flip kick. I find it impossible to do the enhanced flip kick, but the regular one still does a lot of damage. You're looking at roughly 20% of life for that simple combo.

Back when I was learning Johnny Cage, I only knew his ->11, <- 1 combo. I learned that you can upgrade that combo to deal a lot more damage. Do the -> 11, then, before all attacks land, do his flip kick. I find it impossible to do the enhanced flip kick, but the regular one still does a lot of damage. You're looking at roughly 20% of life for that simple combo.
i havent played w/ cage in a while... but what is f1,1.b1? i think you mean f3,3,b3.
this is far behind basic. unless im thinking about some other sht!!
the only 1 strings are 1,1,1 and 1,1,4 and 1,1,f1

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
Hmmm, yeah, its simple, but I wouldn't exactly call it deadly lol.

That's the Ticket: F+FK, FK, B+FK or F3, 3, B3. Hits mid, mid, mid (Overhead) - Off memory I think it does 4 hits.

Hits mid so they can't duck it, fast startup can be used after a blocked sweep (B+BK) or bloced axe kick (F+BK) where they can't interupt you.

If you can hit confirm this, you can cancel before the last hit into flip kick, as you stated. The combo alone does 16%, the combo with flip kick does 19%.

Alternatively let the combo complete which slightly stagers the opponent, then you can apply pressure, by a cross-over safe jump, or dash in combo.

Although you get 16% damage with this option, will get you more chip damage from the blocked cross-over jump or dash in combo and meter.

F+FK, FK, B+FK (16% and opponent in stager state), cross-over jump punched (1%), BP (2%), FP (1%), F+BP (2%). You get 16 damage + 6 chip = 22% damage + 1/3 of a bar of meter from the blocked combo. Which is better than your 19%. We could change the combo used for chipping, to alter blocked frame advantage.

Just thought I would let you know about this. Hopefully the forum will correct me, if i've errored.

leek

Noob
In my experience, no matter what I do, I get absolutely crushed if I get about mid to fullscreen. What are my options at that point? I've tried forceballs galore..shadow kicks & flip kicks to dodge some projectiles and etc etc, but no matter what, if I get away from about jump distance I get destroyed. I've read everything you've all posted but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

In my experience, no matter what I do, I get absolutely crushed if I get about mid to fullscreen. What are my options at that point? I've tried forceballs galore..shadow kicks & flip kicks to dodge some projectiles and etc etc, but no matter what, if I get away from about jump distance I get destroyed. I've read everything you've all posted but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?
dash block is amazing. It's pretty character specific, but depending on the quality of the player i generally just dash block up and try to bait out a move, jumpin etc

I believe enhanced shadow kick has armor now, so that will get you in very fast. Just be sure to use it when they throw a projectile and cannot block. If they block it, then you just wasted meter to eat a full combo. Otherwise, dash block is your friend. Once you're a bit past mid screen, you should be able to start your frame trap pressure. Try a sweep once you get just close enough...if they block it you get a free overhead with your F3-mid string.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I love using the >3, 3, <3. string.

In my opinion its one of his better combos because with slower characters its easier to poke with this.

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
I love using the >3, 3, <3. string.

In my opinion its one of his better combos because with slower characters its easier to poke with this.
Very true. Very fast startup, hits mid so they can't duck it. I think this is his best chipping combo, other than the Enhanced Fireball strings which consume meter.

Finishing the string or cancelling into flip kick, are both viable options. Have to examine it more in depth, to see which is overall better. Cancelling into nut punch probably wins outright.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Finishing the string or cancelling into flip kick, are both viable options. Have to examine it more in depth, to see which is overall better. Cancelling into nut punch probably wins outright.
I only do the nut punch if the first hit connects. Otherwise you push the person away from you.

I do the >3, 3, and not the <3. Simply because most people tend to still block and then Ill finish the string. or they will jump over and get hit in the face by a flip kick. If I'm facing a Kung Lao user they tend to either spin and ermac's tend to use the tele grab which I see it coming from the unfinished string and punish them.

I dont know how many times I have won online by only using these kickssssss. People call me a spammer all the time, shits so cash.