What's new

Strategy A Reason to Use F14

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
This string is almost useless, except for closing out a round with a no pressure juggle.

But, I realised that it sets up an active bomb, if you finish your :bp:fp Ice Ball, JIP :bp:fp:fp+:bp with a :r:fp:bk, you an your opponent get up at the same time, and leaves you both neutral, so your next bomb will a freezer!

I have been doing it today, mixing between close and mid bomb, and it sets up the dive kick very well.

The problem with the bombs is, it's hard to find spots in which you and your opponent are neutral to sneak out a bomb, this is one of them.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
I use it as an anti-air. Its the one that ends with the split-kick right? Also what do you use to punish blocked teleports? I use njp, up+4, slide.

I use it as an anti-air. Its the one that ends with the split-kick right? Also what do you use to punish blocked teleports? I use njp, up+4, slide.
Let them land (unless its mileena) and full combo with 21 or 11 freeze etc.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Let them land (unless its mileena) and full combo with 21 or 11 freeze etc.

Let them land and jp me into combo:eek:. What I meant is that i use f1, 4 to anti-air jump in's. I guess for most blocked teleports i can wait for them to land though.

Altaire

Noob
This is a great concept, but it has one fundamental flaw: If your opponent tech rolls, F1 4 is actually a considerable amount of disadvantage on hit. If not for that, I could definitely see this being a good setup.

The only reason this doesn't work is that F1 4 is just an example of fundamentally bad game design on Netherrealm's part.

Flagg

Noob
Treadmill, I always punish Mileena roll's, teleports, with 34, B22, Slide. If you're super slick, you can ice parry the second telekick in her ex telekick move.

For ages i've been looking for more ice bomb set ups, trying his F4 as you can kick them right onto far ice bombs but it's all so situational. Never considered F14 though. I don't suppose there is enough time to block someones teleport, throw a bomb, then use this?

Treadmill, I always punish Mileena roll's, teleports, with 34, B22, Slide. If you're super slick, you can ice parry the second telekick in her ex telekick move.

For ages i've been looking for more ice bomb set ups, trying his F4 as you can kick them right onto far ice bombs but it's all so situational. Never considered F14 though. I don't suppose there is enough time to block someones teleport, throw a bomb, then use this?
Yeah that's usually what I go with to. BTW, mileena drives me crazy, no matter the match up.

Flagg

Noob
Treadmill Hmm, I dont fear the Mileena match up that much when I use CSZ against her, but it depends on how she is being used. If she is being super aggressive then you got half a chance, if she is zoning like a bitch then she can be just as hard as Kitana or Kabal to crack. I do hate how she can't be fully punished on blocked move, that said she has no armour like him so the match is 5:5 at best, maybe slightly in her favour.

I really, really wish he had either armour on something or a fast teleport. I sometimes wouldn't care if he got no armour if his mobility was improved instead. I mean right now, there is no reason to ever use his teleport unless you freeze someone.

Treadmill Hmm, I dont fear the Mileena match up that much when I use CSZ against her, but it depends on how she is being used. If she is being super aggressive then you got half a chance, if she is zoning like a bitch then she can be just as hard as Kitana or Kabal to crack. I do hate how she can't be fully punished on blocked move, that said she has no armour like him so the match is 5:5 at best, maybe slightly in her favour.

I really, really wish he had either armour on something or a fast teleport. I sometimes wouldn't care if he got no armour if his mobility was improved instead. I mean right now, there is no reason to ever use his teleport unless you freeze someone.
I agree. If he had even cyraxs teleport he'd be a much better character.