What's new

Tech A New BnB Combo for OKI Set-Ups with The Joker, by Qwark28

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So wait, if d.2xxteeth f.213xxfar teeth works, couldn't you do like...
j.2 32xxMBrlg d.2xxteeth b.3 j.2 f.23xxfar teeth d.2xxteeth for the fast stand?

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Good use of the super hard KD off 213 midscreen man. I was just thinking about trying to find a good way to pull this off the other day. Haven't been in the lab with him for like a month! Looking forward to having some time to test this stuff out. So close!

StevoSuprem0

Tested it a bit. Another awesome aspect is that the timing is alot easier than the d2 far teeth j2 timing, you can delay the b3 a bit more or the f2. I'm just mashing b3 after the starter and nailing it pretty easily. Just need to make sure you let them fall a little bit before catching them with the f2 so that the teeth connect. Also interesting that you use the second set of teeth in necessary for spacing (the 213 whiffs without them... weird) and to keep them juggled for the 3 to hit. Good find! =)

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Love it, same B&B damage and a hard knockdown. Sweet. Joker jump game is already the dogs balls, this just adds to it. Joker players should always be jumping like clowns, between jump 3 and jump 2.
Totally agree, that's the way I play it. Unfortunately with the buff all the d2 are really good in the game. It's harder for us to jump like this.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Totally agree, that's the way I play it. Unfortunately with the buff all the d2 are really good in the game. It's harder for us to jump like this.
Its just as easy, you can jump on pretty much anyone and they have to make a read and pre emptively throw out a D2 in order to get out of the air. J3 is +8 before even reaching max height and gives you sweep that they have to block

Necronauta

Researcher
Really good stuff here, exploring the joker like this is amazing. I'll neverknow how to start with him until now! :D

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Really good stuff here, exploring the joker like this is amazing. I'll neverknow how to start with him until now! :D
you can start by understanding the basic functions of his moves and combos, then move on to frametraps, advanced combos and setups.

StevoSuprem0

Wanted to mention this (and Qwark is gonna say "blah blah blah highest level of play blah blah blah" or something else stupid)- If you miss time the f23 xx far teeth in this setup (doing it too soon) and the teeth whiff, you can convert this situation into a teeth setup if you recognize that the height wasn't correct. They can techroll it (que Qwark), but I just thought it was worth mentioning that even if you miss time this combo and drop it, you have a good chance of catching them with their pants down unless they are just mashing techroll, leading into a solid setup that you can do all of the mb f3, j2/3, f21, etc WHEN/IF YOU MESS UP and recognize the situation fast enough. I think if they miss the techroll they are relatively screwed and likely to be eating some damage if you follow up correctly, but I would need to test it out. I'll be posting material against soon! Few weeks.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Wanted to mention this (and Qwark is gonna say "blah blah blah highest level of play blah blah blah" or something else stupid)- If you miss time the f23 xx far teeth in this setup (doing it too soon) and the teeth whiff, you can convert this situation into a teeth setup if you recognize that the height wasn't correct. They can techroll it (que Qwark), but I just thought it was worth mentioning that even if you miss time this combo and drop it, you have a good chance of catching them with their pants down unless they are just mashing techroll, leading into a solid setup that you can do all of the mb f3, j2/3, f21, etc WHEN/IF YOU MESS UP and recognize the situation fast enough. I think if they miss the techroll they are relatively screwed and likely to be eating some damage if you follow up correctly, but I would need to test it out. I'll be posting material against soon! Few weeks.
its a gimmick that wont work at a high lvl and they can tech roll it

StevoSuprem0

its a gimmick that wont work at a high lvl and they can tech roll it
I said both those things baby cakes. It's a fallback plan if you fuck up, nothing more. Still keeps pressure on them if they miss the techroll. Presenting all options for those of us that aren't superhuman gaming machines from the year 2525.

Abbneto

God's only man, spared by the Butcher.
I said both those things baby cakes. It's a fallback plan if you fuck up, nothing more. Still keeps pressure on them if they miss the techroll. Presenting all options for those of us that aren't superhuman gaming machines from the year 2525.
twenty five twenty fiiiiiiive

OnlineRon91

Joker++
So I was testing out teeth setups after this combo against Zod Charge. After the combo I tried Teeth, Forward Dash and what happened was a bit of a mystery to me. I had time to block Zod Charge but the Teeth hit BOTH of us. So I said fine, let me try 212 xx Teeth, Forward Dash, I got the same result! What the hell?! Zod is not only a glitchy mofo but he makes other characters glitch because of him? ridiculous lol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So I was testing out teeth setups after this combo against Zod Charge. After the combo I tried Teeth, Forward Dash and what happened was a bit of a mystery to me. I had time to block Zod Charge but the Teeth hit BOTH of us. So I said fine, let me try 212 xx Teeth, Forward Dash, I got the same result! What the hell?! Zod is not only a glitchy mofo but he makes other characters glitch because of him? ridiculous lol.
yes, same thing happens in the corner after a 213 teeth safejump in

StevoSuprem0

Qwark28, was messing around in training now that I have a bit more time, think I optimized this a bit. You can do j2 teeth instead of f23 teeth, then go into the 213. Does 1% more damage, and it LOOKS like the super hard KD is actually a bit better in this case because there is less scaling due to less hits. Can you verify?
Should note that using f23 is a bit easier to time, cooler looking, and can be used in some more interesting ways, but if you go all the way to the end and hit the 213, I think j2 is better in the middle there.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Qwark28, was messing around in training now that I have a bit more time, think I optimized this a bit. You can do j2 teeth instead of f23 teeth, then go into the 213. Does 1% more damage, and it LOOKS like the super hard KD is actually a bit better in this case because there is less scaling due to less hits. Can you verify?
Should note that using f23 is a bit easier to time, cooler looking, and can be used in some more interesting ways, but if you go all the way to the end and hit the 213, I think j2 is better in the middle there.
On a similar note, Qwark28 the hard KD in the corner, which is

32 rlg, d2 teeth, 213 (1 whiffs)

can be improved to

32 rlg, d2 teeth, 21 teeth (1 whiffs), 213

and it provides the same the super high knockdown. It has different timing, and it felt easier for me to do than your first one because the 3 in the 213 can miss if you do it too early while in mine doing it earlier is better. It leads to a 4 or 5 percent increase in damage.

StevoSuprem0

On a similar note, Qwark28 the hard KD in the corner, which is

32 rlg, d2 teeth, 213 (1 whiffs)

can be improved to

32 rlg, d2 teeth, 21 teeth (1 whiffs), 213

and it provides the same the super high knockdown. It has different timing, and it felt easier for me to do than your first one because the 3 in the 213 can miss if you do it too early while in mine doing it earlier is better. It leads to a 4 or 5 percent increase in damage.
Actually, same thing there (we said this earlier)- you can do j2 teeth 213 to optimize it in the corner as well. It's an additional 1% over doing 21 teeth.