What's new

A Message to Tournament Goers.

Tusk1407

Noob
Hey Kombatants. My name is Ed, or ChiefGief. I have been TO-ing for the past 5 years and been a member of Kombat Network staff for about 4. At Big E Gaming's Winter Brawl X last weekend, it blew my mind that so many players were not around for their pools.
Now granted, you could have been playing multiple games, which were in multiple ballrooms, but it is your job to inform someone at the TO table of that.
Just think about all the time you have during the weekend to do anything BUT play your pool. Your pool matches should be the most important thing if you enter.
PLEASE
Just hang out for the 2 hours while your pool takes place and make yourself known to the TOs.
I know this is a small percentage of players, and I applaud those responsible players who stick around their assignments like @Jer ;)

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I have been to tournaments for other FGs where you legit lose a match (1st infraction) and get straight DQ'd (2nd infraction) for being 10 minutes (in one instance, 5 minutes) late to your pool match. Legit. You know what happened? Those tournaments ran smooth as fuck. Everyone had a great time.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
And of course, if you have any questions (at least at KM tournaments) you guys can ask me, and I'll help you/send you to the right direction.