What's new

50% Midscreen Safe Block Exploit Combo

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi Guys,

Im not sure if anyone has come up with this for sonya yet, but please let me know if it has.

My first half of the combo ends with a 1 1 2 into Military stance (41% without meter, 43% with one bar of meter) which resets the opponent down, and the second half is inputing Forward 1 while they are recovering from the reset off military stance, giving them no option but to block.

If they stand blocking, the forward 1 will break under it, doing 7% damage, with an over total of 50% enhanced and 48% with no meter.

However...

If the opponent guesses right and low blocks the forward 1 off military stance, then you can hit confirm with a cartwheel which will give you 3% off a blocked forward 1, and 3% off a blocked cartwheel totalling in 47% with no meter and 49% with one bar of meter.

The forward 1 is unavoidable, and the cartwheel is safe on block.

Let me know what you guys think...

Thanks

LINK:

http://youtu.be/YrsYcnvlRgo

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Wow, nice mix-up dude! Thanks for this really helpful tip!
This combo in the corner can be DEADLY!

I'll see if I can improve it and make it's damage even more greater! :)

Also, isn't MS Tackle an overhead? If it is, you can use it for free 12% damage when your opponent starts to preddict your :r:fp ! o/

UsedForGlue

Yea man, your right, the tackle is an overhead, but at mid screen the tackle wont reach, it will just wiff.

The forward 1 has range and then can be linked into cartwheel, its all about getting the extra 6% blocked chip damage. The throw wont bring the total damage up on block.

But in the corner if they start getting wise to the forward 1 then the tackle will take them.

Good for mind games.

UsedForGlue

Actually, i'm not sure if the tackle has the range to reach, I will check it out later and get back to you, but the only other thing is, the tackle is not safe...

akita

Noob
Hi Guys,

Im not sure if anyone has come up with this for sonya yet, but please let me know if it has.

My first half of the combo ends with a 1 1 2 into Military stance (41% without meter, 43% with one bar of meter) which resets the opponent down, and the second half is inputing Forward 1 while they are recovering from the reset off military stance, giving them no option but to block.

If they stand blocking, the forward 1 will break under it, doing 7% damage, with an over total of 50% enhanced and 48% with no meter.

However...

If the opponent guesses right and low blocks the forward 1 off military stance, then you can hit confirm with a cartwheel which will give you 3% off a blocked forward 1, and 3% off a blocked cartwheel totalling in 47% with no meter and 49% with one bar of meter.

The forward 1 is unavoidable, and the cartwheel is safe on block.

Let me know what you guys think...

Thanks

LINK:

http://youtu.be/YrsYcnvlRgo
Can you confirm that this is the notation:
jump in punch~dive kick~EX Cartwheel, :l+:bp:fp:r+:bp, :fp:fp:bp, military stance :r:fp

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Actually, i'm not sure if the tackle has the range to reach, I will check it out later and get back to you, but the only other thing is, the tackle is not safe...
Yeah, it's only possible in the corner, since after :fp:fp:bp the opponent gets a bit away and Sonya does a HUGE step back for her Military Stance.
Not safe, but quite useful if you're using :r:fp too much after the MS, even though I'd rather just go for a 49%/52% meterless combo in the corner.

Can you confirm that this is the notation:
jump in punch~dive kick~EX Cartwheel, :l+:bp:fp:r+:bp, :fp:fp:bp, military stance :r:fp
Almost. :p
The Combo is:
JPS xx :d:bk, :bp:fp xx :d:r:fk+:blk... Dash, :l+:bp:fp:r+:bp... Dash, :fp... Dash, :fp:fp:bp xx :d:l:bp... :r:fp (if the opponent blocks, then :d:r:fk).

akita

Noob
Yeah, it's only possible in the corner, since after :fp:fp:bp the opponent gets a bit away and Sonya does a HUGE step back for her Military Stance.
Not safe, but quite useful if you're using :r:fp too much after the MS, even though I'd rather just go for a 49%/52% meterless combo in the corner.

Almost. :p
The Combo is:
JPS xx :d:bk, :bp:fp xx :d:r:fk+:blk... Dash, :l+:bp:fp:r+:bp... Dash, :fp... Dash, :fp:fp:bp xx :d:l:bp... :r:fp (if the opponent blocks, then :d:r:fk).
Cool. Thank you for clarifying that