What's new

4D graphics in mortal kombat 8.

Tim Static

Adminerator
WHY DO WE NEED 4 WHEN WE ONLY NEED 2?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

....for MK, that is.

How sweet would Half Life be in 4-D? Now that would be *SWEET*

wel what if lol.....the round started in the day an it progressed to night....or something....like the sun would go down an the moon would come up...sumthing like that maybe..stuff to that effect..

dreemernj

Ambassador
I remember coming up with a plan for 4D gameplay for MK before. It could definately work.

Imagine a 3D game is released now that has all characters that have been around since before MK4.

They fight in a realm where time is unstable and everybody has the ability to cause bubbles of time differences.

You would be able to make an area of the stage a different time frame and when characters enter that area, they either revert back to a younger appearance or take on an older appearance.

For instance, say there was a character like Sub Zero and the older he got the more powerful is ice attacks were, but maybe his physical attacks grew weaker. Maybe with a character like Scorpion you could revert back far enough to be human.

But the effects are limited to the area that is created during the match by a player.

My other take on it was creating areas where time moves differently, like an area could be slowed down or sped up.

Also, for all of them, the idea of the characters aging noticeably as they are used appealed to me. So when you play, you pick a character to stick with and as you use that character he or she ages along the way, with chi-attacks gaining in energy but maybe something else changing.

I think something fun could be done with 4D for a fighting game. But, I don't actually believe any developers would do anything cool with it. They'd do something gimmicky and stupid and we would all end up hating it.

ZAQ

Noob

I never even played as this character. Luckily I bought my friends PS2 at this point and he had already played the story mode. :lol:

I watched the video, and didnt really see anything that impressed me. Seemed like typical HD graphics. Dunno, didnt seem to crazy, probably more noticeable on a programming level.

Frankiebonez said:
I watched the video, and didnt really see anything that impressed me. Seemed like typical HD graphics. Dunno, didnt seem to crazy, probably more noticeable on a programming level.
Yeah I didn't go "wow" either. IMO graphics are extremely overrated.

I doubt anyone will be able to really tell the effects from a 4-5 minute video, the point of the 4d graphics is that things deteriorate in real time, and that things and people actually age.

Silent Hill 3 in 2003 had a similar concept with the wall bleeding sequences (in-game, not just cutscenes). That game had some truly impressive graphics that went un-noticed by many.

Even self shadowing that's being touted as a big deal this generation was in that game at a consistent 30fps.

i think i mentioned it a ways back in one of my post. about, how it would look cool if they used gow graphics for chars. then i see a ed boon interview, the title says, boon inspired bye GOW. what does he read theses forums.

i told you how to make a hit. add gow graphics. then use 4d graphics for back ground and keep it 2 d fighting. its a hit. its that simple. 8)