What's new

321 xx elbow dash xx 32 Problem.

It's quite pathetic, but I can't figure the timing out to hit this consistently at all. As soon as I think i'm right, and successfully hit it a few times in a row, I retard my progress by missing it multiple times again. Are there any pointers with this? Possibly a certain point after the 321 input that I should begin, or have completed, the elbow dash sequence? I'm not saying I can't do this, I'm just looking to improve my consistency.

It's rather odd that i'm having this problem, as i've not had any trouble at all hitting the 321 xx elbow dash xx njp etc.etc.

Sorry if this topic has been discussed, but as I looked through old posts, all I found were topics discussing the njp.

It's quite pathetic, but I can't figure the timing out to hit this consistently at all. As soon as I think i'm right, and successfully hit it a few times in a row, I retard my progress by missing it multiple times again. Are there any pointers with this? Possibly a certain point after the 321 input that I should begin, or have completed, the elbow dash sequence? I'm not saying I can't do this, I'm just looking to improve my consistency.

It's rather odd that i'm having this problem, as i've not had any trouble at all hitting the 321 xx elbow dash xx njp etc.etc.

Sorry if this topic has been discussed, but as I looked through old posts, all I found were topics discussing the njp.
Do 3,2,1, Elbow Dash.

As the animation for Elbow Dash begins, hold up.

Practice the timing for when he actually jumps as you need to get a feel for when to know it's going to happen.

Then just press 1/2 and slide your finger to 2/1 so you get double inputs. I can land it about 90% of the time. It took me two days to get used to it.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
It's harder than the NJP, and not a very useful combo anyway. Since you can do the NJP, just use that instead.

Also, when I do hit the 321 xx Elbow Dash xx 32 xx sfb xx 32 xx FFB..

I can never get that last Fast force ball to hit. It's always too late, which I think is because i'm waiting too long to input the 32 before it. Does anyone have any pointers for that? I'm starting to believe my fight stick is being goofy at times, because it's like it, or the game one, is overlooking certain commands, despite my pressing them. For instance, sometimes after the 321 xx Elbow Dash xx 32, it only follows the Elbow Dash with a 2, notwithstanding the screen showing my 32 follow-up input. Being new to MK9, i'm not really certain wtf is happening.

sLeeK

Noob
I'll be the first to admit that I had this same issue and the thing I did that solved the problem was practice practice practice. I have been working on reptile since the games release and let me tell you it has been difficult learning this char. If you are serious about maining reptile, practice until you get it down into muscle memory.

One more thing DO NOT WORRY ABOUT YOUR RECORD ONLINE! Records mean absolutely NOTHING. I had that mentality and I just would lose lose lose and never learned anything new with reptile. Use the chat and send messages example - "1v1 west coast only" That's what I put and 90% of the time I get matches with little to zero lag at all.

Hope this helps man, good luck.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Also, when I do hit the 321 xx Elbow Dash xx 32 xx sfb xx 32 xx FFB..

I can never get that last Fast force ball to hit. It's always too late, which I think is because i'm waiting too long to input the 32 before it. Does anyone have any pointers for that? I'm starting to believe my fight stick is being goofy at times, because it's like it, or the game one, is overlooking certain commands, despite my pressing them. For instance, sometimes after the 321 xx Elbow Dash xx 32, it only follows the Elbow Dash with a 2, notwithstanding the screen showing my 32 follow-up input. Being new to MK9, i'm not really certain wtf is happening.
You have to use the EX fast forceball.

Hey guys just pointing a few things out

the combo i think your talking about is the meterless 37%

j.p 321 elbowdash n.p 32 ffb sfb 321slide

the j.p 321 elbowdash 32 sf 32 exffb 321slide one with 1 meter does 43%

but if your going to us e abar of meter in a reptile combo i prefer

j.p 32 exffb n.p 32 sfb 321 slide as it does 43% and no elbowdash whiffing.

Hey guys, thanks for all the pointers. I pretty much have this combo down perfectly at a very high success rate. I guess I was premature in posting, but I did gain some insight as to when to input certain things. Thanks again!