What's new

Tech 3 pieces of maybe useful tech

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
This is my first time making a post in a long while, but I'll get to the point, I (think) I found two useful things Lobo can do.

1) After a blocked 1,2 string, Lobo can do his Czar throw (dbf2), and (as far as I know) they mostly can't escape it. The only thing that could was a welltimed backdash, and Flash's rising uppercut, but that left him open for a combo. I tested it on:
Green Lantern's lift (10f start up): couldn't escape
Sinestro's ball move (9f start up): couldn't escape
Deathstroke's Sword Flip (8f start up) and Sword Spin (7f start up): couldn't escape w/ either
Flash's Flying Uppercut (6f start up): escaped but was punishable for a combo starting from 1
Lex Luthor's Corp Charge (6f start up): couldn't escape
The only downside (I found, that is) is that if they backdash, you can't react with any of his chain moves.

2) Kinda small thing. His j2 comes out before the peak of the jump, so it hits on the way up as you jump. I've tried with a few things out with this, but that only thing that I found could hit them was 1, which isn't bad since you can go 113~dbf2MB~b3 and so on for a good amount of damage.

3) Something that I think will really help. In any of Lobo's main BnB's that include b3 (whether it's after MB dbf2), if you end it with his Alex dive (which is what I call his j.d3) you have just enough time to reload your gun via his trait. Now the good part of this that if you time it right, you can block and probably whatever move they try to do on wake up (which they will probably try, seeing as tho it's their only option out of a hard knockdown, and they'll think your vulnerable due to your trait). I tested this with:
Green Lantern's lift (10f start up): blocked and punished
Sinestro's ball move (9f start up): blocked and punished, can also be crouched up close
Deathstroke's Sword Flip (8f start up): blocked and punished, and Sword Spin (7f start up): blocked, couldn't punish
Flash's Flying Uppercut (6f start up): blocked and punished
Lex Luthor's Corp Charge (6f start up): blocked and punished
Now the only bad thing is that the timing get's a bit tricky at 2 points. 1) is after you've gotten a combo into b3, j2 and j3 both work, but j2 makes it easier to land the dive in longer combos. 2) is trying to do it with anything faster that 8 frames, it's not impossible, but it's tough.

I hope this helped. If there is any feedback (positive or negative) please post below, and if anyone else discovered this too, than I offer my humblest apologies. If I got any frame data wrong, I apologize, I had to use the wiki since the tv I play on isn't great. That being said, I may put up videos if anyone is having any trouble understanding what this is (but I know you're all smart people) Have fun, my fellow main men.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
This is my first time making a post in a long while, but I'll get to the point, I (think) I found two useful things Lobo can do.

1) After a blocked 1,2 string, Lobo can do his Czar throw (dbf2), and (as far as I know) they mostly can't escape it. The only thing that could was a welltimed backdash, and Flash's rising uppercut, but that left him open for a combo. I tested it on:
Deathstroke's Sword Flip (8f start up) and Sword Spin (7f start up): couldn't escape w/ either
Flash's Flying Uppercut (6f start up): escaped but was punishable for a combo starting from 1
The only downside (I found, that is) is that if they backdash, you can't react with any of his chain moves.

2) Kinda small thing. His j2 comes out before the peak of the jump, so it hits on the way up as you jump. I've tried with a few things out with this, but that only thing that I found could hit them was 1, which isn't bad since you can go 113~dbf2MB~b3 and so on for a good amount of damage.

3) Something that I think will really help. In any of Lobo's main BnB's that include b3 (whether it's after MB dbf2), if you end it with his Alex dive (which is what I call his j.d3) you have just enough time to reload your gun via his trait. Now the good part of this that if you time it right, you can block and probably whatever move they try to do on wake up (which they will probably try, seeing as tho it's their only option out of a hard knockdown, and they'll think your vulnerable due to your trait). I tested this with:
Green Lantern's lift (10f start up): blocked and punished
Sinestro's ball move (9f start up): blocked and punished, can also be crouched up close
Deathstroke's Sword Flip (8f start up): blocked and punished, and Sword Spin (7f start up): blocked, couldn't punish
Flash's Flying Uppercut (6f start up): blocked and punished
Lex Luthor's Corp Charge (6f start up): blocked and punished
Now the only bad thing is that the timing get's a bit tricky at 2 points. 1) is after you've gotten a combo into b3, j2 and j3 both work, but j2 makes it easier to land the dive in longer combos. 2) is trying to do it with anything faster that 8 frames, it's not impossible, but it's tough.

I hope this helped. If there is any feedback (positive or negative) please post below, and if anyone else discovered this too, than I offer my humblest apologies. If I got any frame data wrong, I apologize, I had to use the wiki since the tv I play on isn't great. That being said, I may put up videos if anyone is having any trouble understanding what this is (but I know you're all smart people) Have fun, my fellow main men.
what strings are you using to punish..?
what are yourfavorite starter strings?

DominicanAddy94

I'm on PSN
Awesome info man! I was just using 1 1 3 and then trait to load his gunshot, sacrificing a little damage, but this seems like a better set up. Thanks for the info!

RebelzPlague

what strings are you using to punish..?
what are yourfavorite starter strings?
113 is good, because it's pretty equal for damage/speed, and allow you to cancel into MB dbf2 grab. 3 by itself works as a good AA, since you cancel on-hit into db2 for some decent damage. And b2u1 is good for his high-low game, since between the sweep and his j.d3, this string hit's OH, then low, and can cancel on hit or block.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
113 is good, because it's pretty equal for damage/speed, and allow you to cancel into MB dbf2 grab. 3 by itself works as a good AA, since you cancel on-hit into db2 for some decent damage. And b2u1 is good for his high-low game, since between the sweep and his j.d3, this string hit's OH, then low, and can cancel on hit or block.
113 owns because you can get a 47% (with trait, so let's say what is it like 42%) for 1 bar from it.

Green Nutts

Gotcha!
I also think this is very good, but the down side is that s1 has poor range. I dont often get a chance to do it.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
thanks for the advice... I am using 113...
but b2u1 is getting mad blown up...
but forward 3... isn't..
i think it hops over low pokes!

RebelzPlague

thanks for the advice... I am using 113...
but b2u1 is getting mad blown up...
but forward 3... isn't..
i think it hops over low pokes!
b2u1 is good when they respect you high-low game, and on block, you can do df1d (w/ trait boost) or db3 for a second low. his f3 is alright, but I don't use it, since you can't do a wall bounce off anything you do after.

In another piece of news, I found that at max range, lobo's db2 and db3 not only out ranges GL lift, but also can punish on reaction most of his moves. Do keep in mind that this is at the move's MAX range, which from my testing, db3 might be longer than db2.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

1) After a blocked 1,2 string, Lobo can do his Czar throw (dbf2), and (as far as I know) they mostly can't escape it. The only thing that could was a welltimed backdash, and Flash's rising uppercut, but that left him open for a combo.
I have extensively tested Lobo's throw traps (1,2 and 2,1 on block). While they cannot jump out, they can backdash... but the biggest thing is that they can hit Lobo with a well timed meterless b3 into full combo as Lobo's throw whiffs completely! I am pretty sure that this works on other command grabs in the game as well.

RebelzPlague

I have extensively tested Lobo's throw traps (1,2 and 2,1 on block). While they cannot jump out, they can backdash... but the biggest thing is that they can hit Lobo with a well timed meterless b3 into full combo as Lobo's throw whiffs completely! I am pretty sure that this works on other command grabs in the game as well.
I did say that they can backdash out, but the timing is tricky. And only some could b3, since the timings for them vary from character to character. But I guess that's what makes resets awesome, if they were 100% guaranteed, where would the fun be?