What's new

2 Superman combos

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
223 in the corner to B3 is cool. It does the same damage as my current 223 1 bar + trait bnb so I'll be swapping it in. Good stuff as usual Tony

Can anyone help me out with the 3 Trait 3 cancel timing? I've been playing Superman as my main for as long as the game's been out, and I have never been able to get the timing right. Also the F23 Trait F23 timing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Very nice combos! Thanks!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
223 in the corner to B3 is cool. It does the same damage as my current 223 1 bar + trait bnb so I'll be swapping it in. Good stuff as usual Tony
Thanks Raynex! I tried doing the regular combo after the 223 launcher to see how much damage it did now and it turned up as the same damage at 62%. I'm guessing that's the highest 1 bar combo from that launcher.

LK-520

Noob
Can anyone help me out with the 3 Trait 3 cancel timing?
The first 3 cancels into trait, then the next 3 is a link. If you've played any street fighter, it's a very easy link - I don't have the data handy, but it feels like maybe 3 frames?

So basically 3xxTrait, slight pause, 3xxBreath

Can anyone help me out with the 3 Trait 3 cancel timing? I've been playing Superman as my main for as long as the game's been out, and I have never been able to get the timing right. Also the F23 Trait F23 timing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

just do the inputs for 3~trait. dont wait for everything to come out because the game will register it.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Thanks Raynex! I tried doing the regular combo after the 223 launcher to see how much damage it did now and it turned up as the same damage at 62%. I'm guessing that's the highest 1 bar combo from that launcher.
Yeah it seems like it. Variations on bnbs is always a good thing imo, especially if they do identical damage. You can pick what combo you want to do on the fly which gives your main a personal touch, and also helps you fine tune your execution by challenging yourself a bit. 223, B3 will definitely be seeing some use on my end!

Here are the two most important things to remember when performing any combo involving 3~trait, 3~[MB] Breath:

1. Always aim to hit the first 3 as high as possible (the tip of his fist during the upward arc). This gives you more leeway because your opponent is airborne longer, and makes the 3~[MB] Breath afterwards much easier.

2. Trait activation can be cancelled by both normal and special moves. This means that during the trait animation (when Supes balls his fists and goes beast mode), you don't have to wait for him to complete that animation before you input something. You can INTERRUPT that trait start-up with any move, provided you do so with the correct timing.

So to sum it all up:

3~trait, remember to hit the 3 while your opponent is high in the air to help with juggle timing
3~[MB] Breath, input the second 3 DURING the charge animation so it comes out quick

223, 3~trait, 3~[MB] Breath, Heat Zap, slight pause 111~scoop, 3~breath

Wish you the best of luck!