What's new

2.5 months since news. Hype Status Check.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
If the game comes out on time because they didn't have an internal issues or the VA strike, then I'm super hype about not getting news, I like surprises on release or in the short term beforehand.

If it is something holding up the party, I'd really rather they just tell us. Delays are not a problem in my eyes if they're just honest and up front.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
One thing NRS is good at is ramping up hype before launch without wearing out their welcome. A lot of folks blow through the hype by announcing too early and things take so long to come out that their is no way the game can deliver on the buildup. NRS tends to save it all for the last few months...but damn is this wait killing me. I'm eager for anything they can show me soon.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Well my favorite DC character has already been confirmed (Blue Beetle) so I am hyped no matter what!! My hype would go up for more Teen Titans reveals or a storyline trailer though!
Why is blue beetle your favorite character?

And a lot of MKX news was leaked when it was coming out.

haketh

Noob
If they just keep revealing shit constantly before release there won't really be any hype, you have to trickle information make sure it is in the back of everyones mind then a couple months before release start showing off a BUNCH of stuff so hype is major, it is the basics of marketing. Basically not blowing your load too early.
Theirs a difference between blowing the load early & not showing anything. Damn at least show some matches or SOMETHING with the characters we've seen but have no in amtch footage of like Deadshot.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Be more hyped when they say that a pc port inolving q-loc is coming out on release day. That's the character reveal I want.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Still sat here hoping for a Constantine reveal. I would main him even if he was not very good or not my usual style.

Would be even more hype if his win pose is him in a bar...

Ok I am just thinking aloud

The wait continues...

Last edited:

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Why is blue beetle your favorite character?

And a lot of MKX news was leaked when it was coming out.
Because of Young Justice and his original comic series! Those were pretty awesome! He also has a cool powerset and personality. My first exposure to him was Batman:Brave and the Bold so I've been a fan ever since

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Here's hoping the new season of Young Justice for Netflix uses The Ray at some point. There was talk long ago he was considered for an upcoming part before it went off the air. Rumor mills were everywhere for lots of cast though. Be cool if true. Anything would be good.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
It's not really an issue for me this time around. When MKX was on the horizon, I wasn't really satisfied with the fighting games on shelves. Now there's three amazing fighting games available with excellent netcode, so the burn for another NRS game just isn't there. NRS has always had badly paced marketing, though. It's great for selling copies, but for spreading out hype month to month, it's sort of the worst thing on Earth.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Here's hoping the new season of Young Justice for Netflix uses The Ray at some point. There was talk long ago he was considered for an upcoming part before it went off the air. Rumor mills were everywhere for lots of cast though. Be cool if true. Anything would be good.
The Ray is actually gonna get his own animated cw seed so probably not.

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
Not that hype to be honest. Like a lot of other people I am way more of an MK person than a DC person. I enjoyed the first game but never liked it as much as MK9 and I doubt I will like IGAU2 as much as MKX.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Seriously Ed Boon just follow me on Twitter then slide into my DM's and tell me my characters will be in the game. After that you won't hear a peep from me.

KCJ506

Noob
If the voice actor strike did affect Injustice 2 somehow, wouldn't it only affect the new contracts that were in the works? Because from what I understand, most games have the voice acting done very early on in development while the programmers are still coding, and then eventually, the graphics department lip-syncs the voice to the mouth when the coding is being done on the character models.

There is no injustice hype for me.. I'll probably play it once it goes on sale or a GOTY edition comes out... but the entire "superhero" thing is just.. meh.. whatever. Much more hyped for Tekken and new SFV roster slots that are incoming.

If there is any mention of more MK news though I will have a hype-attack! I still hold out hope that we will get a new Kombat Pack and Patch!