What's new

1 vs. 2 Tag ladder

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Well apparently it's possible.

Here's what happened specifically (because I'm not sure what triggers it):
I was playing tag ladder with my brother. I'm player 1, he's player 2. He selects the "starts match" option while i'm the tag partner. He picks Jax's alternate costume, first color while I pick Raiden's first costume first color and set the difficulty to HARD. We watch the game scroll down the ladder of opponents and I was confused as to why our team picture was Jax/Reptile. The names come up as "JAX/BUG ME" and when the match starts it's just him vs. 2 opponents. This happened every round, every match. He also received no buffs like kintaro/goro or shao khan get to make up for the lack of 2 fighters.

Pics:

Pretty interesting stuff, has anyone else seen this before?
Not sure if it's random or just some secret to pulling it off.
Thoughts?

Hanzer0

Another bit:
The boss characters (shang through Shao khan) don't get extra life either so it was just like in single ladder.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Another bit:
The boss characters (shang through Shao khan) don't get extra life either so it was just like in single ladder.
Don't they have extra life to begin with? I'm sure shang doesn't but goro/kintaro/khan all do. Interesting glitch. Replaced your teammate with "BUG ME". lol I guess that's the error message in the code.

Hanzer0

Don't they have extra life to begin with? I'm sure shang doesn't but goro/kintaro/khan all do. Interesting glitch. Replaced your teammate with "BUG ME". lol I guess that's the error message in the code.
Hmm yea i guess it is just a bug.

That's disappointing; I was hoping we'd stumbled across some secret in the game :rolleyes: