What's new

Strategy 1,1,2 and 1,1,3

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So immediately Grundy players need to learn to HC 1,1 string on block and hit. All hits are mid.

1,1 on block should HC into 1,1,3 to be at +1 with slight pushback. You can also link the grab here to force a guessing game between the throw and d2.
AA combo off d2: d2 1,1 Trait throw.

You can also use his Walking Corpse Cancel here as well to get another full combo if you read a very recovery heavy move (looking at you death stroke), or someone trying to use a parry or jump.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This is sucha big deal.....

I wish I was better at it to be honest. All of his "mixup" options off 112 can be blown up by simply doing MB b3/f3 or a well timed backdash.

I almost would suggest HC 1,1 into either 1,1,2 on hit to get the big combo.... or 1,1 WC on block to start confusion.

1,1,3 would be an easier confirm ... because it is simply hitting hte right button, but that string doesn't allow you to cancel anything off of it. IDK.... i'm still trying to work my way through stuff. Tyrant plays him in the way I feel you should.... he has just really good execution and the IDGAF moments.

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
Sup fellow Grundy players!

I usually try to HC 112 into 1 of 2 options.

1. ppl who have Batman syndrome aka JUMPJUMPJUMP (112 BF,2 or 112 DB,1)

2.For ppl who press buttons (112 WC..112 trait or 112 MB swamp hands)

You have to make your opponent respect both options no matter what. Otherwise they'll get away with BS. I ain't about that life ;)

Still messing around with some stuff. I need to post more often.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

You have to make your opponent respect both options no matter what. Otherwise they'll get away with BS. I ain't about that life ;)

Is there a reason you use 112 bf2 rather than 112 trait?

Is there a reason you use 112 bf2 rather than 112 trait?

If the opponent blocks 112 and you think they will jump bf2 will catch them before they can jump. Trait will only grab people in the air if they're in a juggle state. You can also do 112 db1 to catch jumpers. I think bf2 is way more negative on block than the cleaver though.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!

Yes, you need to post more often!

nhex

Noob
If the opponent blocks 112 and you think they will jump bf2 will catch them before they can jump. Trait will only grab people in the air if they're in a juggle state. You can also do 112 db1 to catch jumpers. I think bf2 is way more negative on block than the cleaver though.
Right. The best scenarios are this IMO:

112 (see them blocking) 4 (trait throw guaranteed)
or
112 (hits) mash BF2 (dead air)

following 112 on block, if there's not enough time to hit 4, DB2 (swamp hands) is safest imo - blocked cleaver or blocked dead air will definitely be punished

cleaver is the best option once they start jumping away

on hit, cleaver or swamp hands works fine but i have more luck with dead air actually coming out for whatever reason
112 WC has kind of weird timing/gap; good mixup option but quite punishable too