What's new

1.05 inconsistencies and glitches/changes.

leek

Noob
I think honestly I'm done with Mortal Kombat on tournament level because of the changes.

Cage no longer has full armor on EX-Shadow Kick, it seems to phase in and out throughout the animation. I've been hit out at different points of the kick and basically says that it has windows with no armor.

Cage F32-Nut punch.. obviously.. no need to change that. That's my opinion and you can't change it; don't bother arguing with me about it because it was a huge part of my game and now you can be poked out even easier..

Getting uppercutted out of sweeps, honestly. what the shit, this shouldn't be happening IMO. Don't know if that's new or not but it's really, really annoying.

Jump in punch ON HIT. into combo being blocked. Say I jump in with Cage. Land the punch - I score the 3%. The opponent blocked and my follow up 11~nut punch went blocked and I ate a punish. Absolutely stupid.

Blocking mid string. Playing against a Kano as Lao. I hit - read me HIT 112, and go for 112~spin(i cancelled into spin) and Kano BLOCKED and punished the blocked spin. Again.. stupid.

The new wakeup system is ridiculous. I think I was one of the few who thought it was fine the way it was before, and that it really wasn't needed to add input window frames to the granted invincibility. Now every character has invincible wake ups and basically a guaranteed way out. I really think this should be how it is. I preferred the old system where you had to chance it on getting a wake up, or getting up blocking and trying to poke out. It promoted smarter play IMO, and now you can just wakeup if you notice the opponent tries anything besides block.

Cyrax keeping resets. Do I have to explain? AND he got overhead & safer buzzsaw. thanks.

Flame me if you want - I really don't care. If I can't get a hang of this new patch within a month or so I'm out. Just really annoyed about the changes that just seem so.. un-needed. I would still support and visit casuals and tournaments, do my part to help keep it alive, but I would not be competing.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
cage wasn't the only character that got nerfed; find someone else to use if you don't like the way he plays now and won't bother to adapt to the changes. this game has been full of glitches and inconsistencies and random instances since day 1.

Now every character has invincible wake ups and basically a guaranteed way out.
maybe, but how many characters really have safe special moves from touching distance? "guaranteed way out" implying that you're in, the majority of the cast don't have safe special attacks. if you think invincible wake-ups will make players more tempted to mash a special attack on wake-up, use that to your advantage to bait and punish accordingly. this game has never been as solid as it is right now and it'd be utterly foolish imo to quit competing altogether just because you don't like the things they've done to your character or because there are things you aren't willing to try to learn to cope with.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. I can still perform combos off a landed jump-in punch and I've never had the chain break on me, so to speak. As stated before, the jump-in combos would still be guaranteed if you got your punch on them.

Possibly it has to do with your timing? Are you inputting the attacks too late after a jump-in punch? Is your controller in good condition? Or is it something else?

As you should probably know, Johnny Cage lost his ability to do f3 to 2 to Nut Punch purely because the f3 to 2 itself is a two-button combo and normally you can't link any specials to things like that while on the ground. But trust me, it still seems to make for good pressure on block. If that fails, he has plenty of other pressure options. His meter-building off of chip damage remains as beneficial as ever.

Can't really comment on the Wake-Up system because I've been trying to wrap my head around the exact timing for it ever since I was introduced to it...yeah, go ahead and laugh if you want, haha.

leek

Noob
Blake - I have a hitbox.

I scored F32 on hit, no block. And was poked out of a follow up by Mileena D4(tried 21.) I'm not disagreeing that F32 is a great string, I just think it honestly wasn't called for taking out the ability to link in specials. It was something that made cage special. Lao has a 6 frame pop up. Who else does? ...

I'm inputting at a normal rate, not too fast or slow. I go in practice mode for an hour a day practicing combos and dash poking, dash carries and cancelling with every character I use the most(Cage, Jax)

Hades - thanks for inspiring me to stay.

The main reason for me wanting to leave, beenee, is because I'm getting inconsistencies NOW. more than before. Ever. Not because of changes to Cage. refer to my sig, he's "on hold".

I've been switching around and testing other characters and I like others. It's the fact that his EX-shadow kick has windows where armor deactivates during the active frames that really ticks me off. Because there is no way of finding out how or when that happens and you leave it to chance. If his only way to counter a zoning attempt is something that you have to chance on burning a bar of meter just to be stuffed by the very object you were planning on COUNTERING..that's fucked up in my opinion.

As for what they've done to specific characters.. I don't like ANY of it to the higher characters. KL Spin was meh, I don't think it needed the super nerf it got to be honest. His buffs sort of balanced it in a way I guess. Raiden got fucked, his teleport is shitty now IMO. 334~tele~F2 is like a 6frame window to input F2 after the teleport and is hard to get consistantly, even on the hitbox. Sub-Zero didn't need anything and he got plenty. Cyrax got one reset removed and still has like 50, and gained a safe overhead and EX does 15-16% damage. Great. Shang Tsung soul steals, and takes 3 bars to do the same damage it takes Cyrax to do with one bar. Wakeup game has screwed Jax in my opinion, because for me at least, he was about stuffing wake ups and resetting with ground pound or F413. His instant armor is nice, but doesn't change too much imo. Just more options to help against rushdown, which you really shouldn't even worry about anymore to me. Reptile got armor on ex-slide, which is ridiculous in my opinion. Dash is a weird subject because of it's lean back property and you can't get a throw on it.

Great for Stryker and Sheeva. cool, the two arguably shittiest characters got buffed. That's great. They can compete now, at least there will be more variety.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Why is it the people that makes threads about dropping the game were Cage players? This is the second one I have notice.

leek

Noob
Why is it the people that makes threads about dropping the game were Cage players? This is the second one I have notice.
Simply coincidence, from how I see it.

I'm not dropping the game because of cage but rather because of learning how consistent it is. It's not that big of a deal for me that I lost F32. It does change how I have to play, but I'll deal. It IS a big deal when you don't know if burning meter will even be worth it, in case you're knocked out. But, that's all up there. No need to beat it dead.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax

I'm not dropping the game because of cage but rather because of learning how consistent it is. It's not that big of a deal for me that I lost F32. It does change how I have to play, but I'll deal. It IS a big deal when you don't know if burning meter will even be worth it, in case you're knocked out. But, that's all up there. No need to beat it dead.
Ok. I'm going to chew out the next cage that makes a thread crying about the new patch.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
The ironic part of this thread is that the OP thread is called 1.05 inconsistencies and glitches/changes. Then at the same time complain that Johnny Cage's F+3,2 xx Nut Punch got removed and that the Wake Up system essentially makes sense now. lol.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.

Sorry, gotta call you out. You specifically said f3,2,nutpunch was a huge part of your game and now you say its not a big deal? F3,2 is a string..why they didn't take it out when they took out Ermac's useless 2,2, lift is only because people hadn't discovered the tech by then. Use F3,3 nutpunch..works the same way..you get your precious year-and-a-day stun+free jip+mixup and at the very least build a lot of meter from them guessing right. The only thing that changed with the jip was that you can't get a guaranteed throw attempt off a block. Can't comment on the uppercut/sweepkick deal..that sounds stupid, but its a hitbox thing, guess Cage doesn't duck low enough during his sweep.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Mileena lunge-Biting still eats wake-ups consistently.

Reptile, Kitana, Quan, Stryker, Subby...all get eaten about the same amount as before.

Eating people aside, I haven't really had any issues with the new wake-ups.

And when Cage gets inside, rape sill ensues. Just find a new way to get inside.
It's Johnny Cage, for crying out loud. It's what he does.

I can't say I agree with any of this, except the things which are almost certainly bugs (shadow kick armour inconsistency, the one remaining Cyrax reset) needing to go, but no one was saying otherwise.

I have to say I'm not sure why you want to post complaints and then say they're not up for discussion. Why post them then?

And seriously if f3 2 confirm to nut punch was really your entire game as Cage then you weren't even sort of playing him to maximum capacity. I assure you he is still very powerful and very fun to play, with no unreasonable matchups.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I can't say I agree with any of this, except the things which are almost certainly bugs (shadow kick armour inconsistency, the one remaining Cyrax reset) needing to go, but no one was saying otherwise.

I have to say I'm not sure why you want to post complaints and then say they're not up for discussion. Why post them then?

And seriously if f3 2 confirm to nut punch was really your entire game as Cage then you weren't even sort of playing him to maximum capacity. I assure you he is still very powerful and very fun to play, with no unreasonable matchups.
I can think of about 4 matches Cage isn't strong in.

There are few weird things this game does. If you land a very deep JiK you can get pretty much a garunteed throw if they block the kick. Input bug. Some hit boxes being wonky compared to others.
I have no idea about the exShadowKick. i've never been hit out of it.

input bug

I still don't think the input bug is real.
I dont see it happening when I play street fighter or any other fighting games like mvc3 or blazblue. but with mk9 it happens a ton of times. especially uppercuts and d4. d1 i have never had any problems with..yet.

That's because it takes 0 frames to switch from standing to ducking in Capcom games and Blazblue, which is not the case in MK9.

Loot

the special effects
topper and I did some rounds tonight with funny shit happening. Offline of course

Raiden's fireball stuffing EX Shadow Kick
Raiden's fireball stuffing EX Slide
Superman going right through EX Shadow Kick, Flying Kick, and Slide

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
That's because it takes 0 frames to switch from standing to ducking in Capcom games and Blazblue, which is not the case in MK9.
Go watch Tom Brady's Match vs. Marvaz from Devastation. When Marvaz switches to Johnny Cage. There will be a point in the match where Marvaz is ducking and watches an Ice Blast freeze him... while he's ducking. It exists.

Go watch Tom Brady's Match vs. Marvaz from Devastation. When Marvaz switches to Johnny Cage. There will be a point in the match where Marvaz is ducking and watches an Ice Blast freeze him... while he's ducking. It exists.
That's a hitbox issue. It's happened to me in that same matchup. JC gets slightly higher off the ground when switching to/from block, during frames where he still doesn't qualify as blocking.

This is in addition to the fact we have no proof this wasn't an execution error. Even top players will occasionally get too eager to move and stand up into a projectile without realizing it.

Also even if this was a genuine input glitch, it would be a different one than the alleged glitch causing instant crouch normals to come out standing.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
That's a hitbox issue. It's happened to me in that same matchup. JC gets slightly higher off the ground when switching to/from block, during frames where he still doesn't qualify as blocking.

This is in addition to the fact we have no proof this wasn't an execution error. Even top players will occasionally get too eager to move and stand up into a projectile without realizing it.

Also even if this was a genuine input glitch, it would be a different one than the alleged glitch causing instant crouch normals to come out standing.
lol... all i hear is bull shit. Dude... he wasn't blocking... he was sitting there. It has happened to Kabal and CSZ etc etc.
And even so... watch the match... there are two DISTINCT spots where Tom obviously was going for a d4 and he get a standing 4. I mean.... how many excuses do you have to come up with until you at least acknowledge that NRS should at least dig in a look at it? OR at least shut us up and say "we are looking into it".
We have testimony from many many many tourney players all saying this happens.

Loot

the special effects
Yeah, input bug exists. I've went to input Teleport and Raiden just jumps up and down.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
lol at this scrub complaining about cage when theres people out there who main stryker sindel jade.....
I main sindel. And she still has her problems. But I don't complain about them. I just deal with them and play a little smarter. I don't know why ppl are still complaining about the game and game patches. If u lost u lost. Its that simple. IMO this is the most stable patch they have right now.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

lol... all i hear is bull shit. Dude... he wasn't blocking... he was sitting there. It has happened to Kabal and CSZ etc etc.
And even so... watch the match... there are two DISTINCT spots where Tom obviously was going for a d4 and he get a standing 4. I mean.... how many excuses do you have to come up with until you at least acknowledge that NRS should at least dig in a look at it? OR at least shut us up and say "we are looking into it".
We have testimony from many many many tourney players all saying this happens.
How many excuses do they and you have to come up with before it either gets reproduced and recorded definitively, or accepted as an execution error? You have to pick one or the other.