What's new

Zod Trait Setup Video 80%+ Dmg

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I've been messing around with Zod in the lab today and like most have figured ending a combo with trait is a great option, not only that but following up with a far ground laser is a great option vs wake ups or opponents that will naturally block high because of fear of Zod's trait. Here's a basic example of what I mean using two meters Zod can cause some high damage, the good thing about this is that if blocked you'll have your opponent at full screen for further zoning.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
That is a good strategy, my only concern with these trains of thought are with wake-up attacks. Part of me thinks it would be better to start a MB ground laser with the distance outside the opponents. For example, a mid meter burn laser here. That way they have to make a decision on blocking low or jumping.

I haven't tested any of this of course, but would the MB laser stuff wake-up attacks and can you control the wraith while the laser animation is occurring?

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
That is a good strategy, my only concern with these trains of thought are with wake-up attacks. Part of me thinks it would be better to start a MB ground laser with the distance outside the opponents. For example, a mid meter burn laser here. That way they have to make a decision on blocking low or jumping.

I haven't tested any of this of course, but would the MB laser stuff wake-up attacks and can you control the wraith while the laser animation is occurring?

Yeah i used this distance because it's a training dummy you can do a closer laser as a read, but if somehow the other player got away you can use your trait to hit them while the laser is occurring, if they're in the air they'll be knocked down.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Yeah i used this distance because it's a training dummy you can do a closer laser as a read, but if somehow the other player got away you can use your trait to hit them while the laser is occurring, if they're in the air they'll be knocked down.
But you can't do the grab while the laser is being meter burned?

Also, and this needs to be tested, but the possibility of doing a mid laser hitting them out of wake-up attacks would be interesting. That way they would have to choose between the laser hitting wake ups, blocking low for the wraith, or jumping.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Okay, testing it now. The problem with this is that wake-up attacks come out before the ground laser can start up. Zod's charge is getting to me before the laser begins.

And when Zod is set to phantom strike wake up the far laser whiffs.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I guess it depends on the wake up, the far zod laser stuffs all superman wakeups except the flying one and super