What's new

Tech Zod Infinite Eye Lazer Hitbox

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.

This happened the other day before bringing up our stream. Myself and michaelangelo running some casuals came across this situation just before WoundCowboy showed up.

Essentially, Zod will use his ground lazer and the hitbox remains on screen. We're working on replicating it. At around the 0:50 second mark, you'll see it happen. I uploaded the whole match that one might find the cause of this glitch somewhere.

Excuse the crude nature of the video, my video editing software is giving me some trouble, I'll have a better quality upload soon enough.

AK Pig Of The Hut this is the video I was trying to get to Pako.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
D... Dormammu...? Is that you...?

Looks like it has something to do with you being pushed off the screen while whiffing it maybe.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
This type of a thing would be a cool char trait. Set a trap that remains at a location for a certain amount of time.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
Except in this instance, the hitbox for the eye lazer stays active on screen.
yea but to set it up for it to happen you did what i did in the video when you trait grabbed you were still in the air after the grab happened you see zod was still in the air then finally touch the floor thats how the glitch gets started. as for the meter burn fire staying on screen it most likely happened cause nw hit you out of it cause he blocked the first few hits of it. during the glitch you can move while mb ground blast is being done.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
If the missing strings and combos are intended then this should be made more reliable to set up since it's probably intended too.

ReZo

MKX
lol well done, I have been busy moving so havn't been online at ALL lately, very nice find, post a how to video on it if you manage to replicate it over and over :D

Also, Who else is hype for MMH? :)

This is just as intentional as the kt smith ghost air hugs and zod laser beaming off the stage IMO. Fits his mysterious persona

Sami

Noob
Looks like he's cancelled the eye laser done at 0:51 but the effect doesn't end. He's walking backwards for a short period with the laser still coming out of his eyes.