What's new

Strategy Zatanna's Best Map and unblockable reset

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Which map do you think Zatanna is best in?

Personally, I'm going to say undoubtably The Hall of Justice. Because of how the background interactable for which Zatanna can kick her opponents back into is placed, if she starts off the match on the left and lands a j3, she starts off the match with a free 44% easy combo that leaves them full screen:

• J3, 11, Puppet Master MB, j2, b21, interactable, b3 dash, j3 Zatara Dive
She could also end it with a 112 trait set up to build meter quickly for 34%, although the spacing is awkward mid screen. Without the interactable it's still a 37% combo:

• J3, 11, Puppet Master MB, b3 dash, j3, Zatara Dive.
But more importantly, with three- four bars of meter Zatanna can pull off a crazy Cyrax Style bomb reset on this map for 64- 93% and inescapable. I know this is probably already known, but if there happens to be an explosive cart rolling around once she puts someone in Puppet Master MB, she can right click the interactable, dash in, and then once it hits she can j2 223 back into Puppet Master MB (or, more reliably, hit 22 right before the car hits, then go into Puppet Master MB once it explodes). This resets the combo, if she has two bars of meter to burn once the car explodes she can go into:

• j2, 223, Puppet Master MB.... j2, b21, Multi Kick MB, b3 dash, j3 Zatara Dive: 55% + however much she did in her previous combo, which is at least 9%. With a full two bar simple combo that'll add up to 38%.
Or if she only has one bar of meter to burn, which she'll use once she knocks them into the j2 223 Puppet Master reset:
  • b3 dash, j3 Zatara Dive 50%.
  • b3 dash, j2, 223 (or 112, it's easier) Puppet Master 47% (can also go into 223 teleport crossup).
Sooo watch out for Zatanna on this map.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Actually, the best thing to do after getting someone in MB bf3 after activating the roomba is to tele in and MB b3 as the bomb explodes. Due to a glitch, the amount of damage done by both the MB b3 and the roomba is multiplied by 1.5. Use b3(MB), ji2, ji2, 112~bf3(MB) (it does like 66% iirc) for the vortex setup.

I do agree with this being her best stage btw. Her second best would probably be inside Wayne Manor. She gets a free unscaled interactable if you end combos in a MB bf3 (19%ish) and almost always gets an interactable from a raw bf3.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Oh really? I didn't realize that, thanks! And yeah, I always use either Wayne Manor or Hall of Justice. I can't manage to combo after the stage in Metropolis with the gunner though...

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
I actually really like the Reactor (the 2nd stage of the watch tower). She has a free setup in each corner of the stage:

-Left corner - if she lands a mb puppet master, she can cross up j2, 1 xx interactable. This goes into an untechable where she can either cross up with a f3, or levitate above their head for a ambiguous setup.
-Right corner - if she lands a mb puppet master, she can whiff a normal and use the laser for extra unscaled damage.

On top of this both interactables are reusable.

And of course if you land a MB puppet master midscreen, there's a good chance a drone will pass by for more unscaled damage. She can also control how these are used pretty well in the neutral game too. They're easy to avoid if they're used against you. Teleport behind right before it's thrown or you can jump back j3 (this lifts her hurtbox up to avoid it). And if you're in a MU where you have the upper hand in zoning, you can easily teleport to the right side of the screen (where they spawn), and use them as an extra zoning tool.

And best of all, stage bounce interactable in the middle of the stage which she makes extremely good use of.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I actually really like the Reactor (the 2nd stage of the watch tower). She has a free setup in each corner of the stage:

-Left corner - if she lands a mb puppet master, she can cross up j2, 1 xx interactable. This goes into an untechable where she can either cross up with a f3, or levitate above their head for a ambiguous setup.
-Right corner - if she lands a mb puppet master, she can whiff a normal and use the laser for extra unscaled damage.

On top of this both interactables are reusable.

And of course if you land a MB puppet master midscreen, there's a good chance a drone will pass by for more unscaled damage. She can also control how these are used pretty well in the neutral game too. They're easy to avoid if they're used against you. Teleport behind right before it's thrown or you can jump back j3 (this lifts her hurtbox up to avoid it). And if you're in a MU where you have the upper hand in zoning, you can easily teleport to the right side of the screen (where they spawn), and use them as an extra zoning tool.

And best of all, stage bounce interactable in the middle of the stage which she makes extremely good use of.
Along the same vain, she gets an unblockable reset/infinite in the right corner of batcave if she has meter (and there's and interactable bounce too =D)