What's new

Tech Zatanna Wakeup Reversals

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
There is no video because I haven't found a universal answer yet, but I want you guys to fool around with this. Against some wakeups, I was able to reverse their direction by ending a combo with 11D3 or simply D3 and doing one of the following:
  • Press up forward
  • Instant air divekick
  • Levitate directly above their head and come down with a jumping attack.
The problem is that it works against some good wakeups but fails against bad ones. When Aquaman can wakeup, I know I have a problem.

Successfully reversed wakeups: Flash's Uppercut, Superman's Scoop and Rising Air Grab, Frost's Slide

When things get posted on the forums, people tend to experiment pretty fast, and tech gets optimized within days. I would like the Zatanna community to see what they can do with this knowledge, or try to find something universal for all wakeups.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
There is no video because I haven't found a universal answer yet, but I want you guys to fool around with this. Against some wakeups, I was able to reverse their direction by ending a combo with 11D3 or simply D3 and doing one of the following:
  • Press up forward
  • Instant air divekick
  • Levitate directly above their head and come down with a jumping attack.
The problem is that it works against some good wakeups but fails against bad ones. When Aquaman can wakeup, I know I have a problem.

Successfully reversed wakeups: Flash's Uppercut, Superman's Rising Air Grab, Frost's Slide

When things get posted on the forums, people tend to experiment pretty fast, and tech gets optimized within days. I would like the Zatanna community to see what they can do with this knowledge, or try to find something universal for all wakeups.
She already gets a cross up f3 after 11d3. This is cool but since the majority of her combos will end in either vortex or naked trance, I'm not sure how much use this will see.

BG also has something similar where after 12b2 or 12b3 if you dash forward and jump you'll reverse their wakeup.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
She already gets a cross up f3 after 11d3. This is cool but since the majority of her combos will end in either vortex or naked trance, I'm not sure how much use this will see.

BG also has something similar where after 12b2 or 12b3 if you dash forward and jump you'll reverse their wakeup.
I noticed if you do F3 on Frost's knockdown, she slides right through you.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I noticed if you do F3 on Frost's knockdown, she slides right through you.
Yeah, if she reverses the input. You can still wake up, but you need to reverse inputs.

EDIT:

This gave me an idea. I'll look into it further and maybe make a thread about it later. Pretty sure it's already known but whatever.

Last edited:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Yeah, if she reverses the input. You can still wake up, but you need to reverse inputs.

EDIT:

This gave me an idea. I'll look into it further and maybe make a thread about it later. Pretty sure it's already known but whatever.
The general public will appreciate your efforts :)

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Yeah good stuff man. This will go together with some of my tech for blowing up wake-ups. I'm complying a list a list of all characters wake-ups that mine works on and then I'll post. We should get a big thread of all her wake-up wrecking shit.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Yeah good stuff man. This will go together with some of my tech for blowing up wake-ups. I'm complying a list a list of all characters wake-ups that mine works on and then I'll post. We should get a big thread of all her wake-up wrecking shit.

Yeah thanks! With 130 wakeups in the game, it would take awhile to do it myself :p

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I was just hitting the lab and found this, didn't know if it was already found. Btw, you can dash forward after 11d3, and just neutral jump and it reverses ALL wake ups.

After dashing forward, you can:

-Crossover f3
-Neutral jump for a wakeup reversal
-Teleport behind to make a wake up whiff and punish
-B1u3
-Neutral jump into a jump attack

It works in the corner too

Cosmos

Noob
In the corner b1u3 j3 levi cancel d3 112 mbpuppet master du du j2 b21 mbkicks f3 112 kicks dash forward. 2 bars Untechable reverses wakeups and is 48% or with a j2 50%

Last edited: