What's new

Tech Zatanna - New Method to Cancel Trait (Trait Canceling) + Setups/Gimmicks

First of all, thanks to Rampage for helping me record. I want to stress that since this was recorded ONLINE, the tech showcased is a little off in terms of dropped combos, unfinished combos/setups, this is a lot harder to pull off online, but I'm hoping to use some of this in less than 2 weeks for my first tournament offline for IGAU.

Anywho, I posted a while back that Zatanna could cancel trait by linking a normal into teleport. I also found out that she can cancel trait by inputting a teleport as you press trait. (Trait, DU into whatever teleport direction)

I also first showcase the type of pressure I like to use with trait in the corner. I showcase a simple presentation, with no mindgames, only giving you the options she most commonly has and that are useful in the corner.
Against most characters, she can abuse lightning cage in the corner. Now, we know people will bait a second lightning cage and just sit there, this is where you can chuck low sparks. Maybe chuck one out, dash in lightning cage, etc. If they jump, upward spark, etc. All the massive chip damage and meter gaining on block is great, and if alightning cage hits, that's almost 13 percent damage, and it puts them in the same guessing situation.
Also, if they don't block or wakeup a Pillar, that's a free 40% combo. The pillar MUST be blocked during the corner combo, but can be avoided by waking up after a lightning cage on hit.

The trait canceling provides space to confuse your opponent into thinking you will pressure with trait. People like Aquaman, Flash, etc, with multi-hitting wakeups can avoid the lightning cage, this is where Zatanna can Trait Teleport cancel away, and punish with Puppet Master, F3, Standing 3, depending how fast/slow, how far/close the wake up is.

Also, I there are some Gimmicks midscreen with it too.

I didn't want to make a new thread, but I know non-Zatanna players, for the most part, do not browse the general thread looking for tech.
So I hope you all enjoy, and please, if you can add on to this, by all means go for it :)

Also, Expect some mean tech from SonicFox5000 coming up in the future for Zatanna too :)

Video 1 (ignore the 1/3 end of the video, also, the upward spark, for the most part, enemies will try to cross you over to escape the corner, thus running into the spark. I only walked in sparked to show what it can do)
Video 2(implementing the trait cancel, and don't mind the dropped combo lol, I was supposed to end it in trait again to keep the pressure in the corner going.)
Video 3 (Classy Gimmicks)

Attachments

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I dont see how this would make her top 5 at all, makes things trickier with her indeed, especially with her fast trait recharge. I'll mess around with this, maybe there's somethin hidden within.

Video 3 did u notice the glitch I was telling u about? 2 bars to MB Tele outta trait and sometimes it doesnt work. That's so dumb -_-

Anyway nice find!!!

I dont see how this would make her top 5 at all, makes things trickier with her indeed, especially with her fast trait recharge. I'll mess around with this, maybe there's somethin hidden within.

Video 3 did u notice the glitch I was telling u about? 2 bars to MB Tele outta trait and sometimes it doesnt work. That's so dumb -_-

Anyway nice find!!!
It never happened to me. That happens when you do trait bounce cancel. It looks cool, like she's making a stand.

Same thing with a normal in trait.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Ha! I remember when I thought she had an awful trait x) Thank you for proving me wrong milliena