What's new

YouTube copyright problems

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Anyone notice lately how many big name YouTube partners are getting shutdown due to bogus copyright claims? In just the past week, I've seen ArchFiend (who I could care less about) and Hellsing920 bite the dust because some dipsticks who dislike them decided to flag their videos for (bogus) copyright claims. They aren't fighting back, mainly because of how screwed up the copyright system is when it comes to filing counter DMCA claims. Basically, if I got a group of maybe 10 people together and flagged Dookiebrain (for example), he would get a strike; warranted or not. Well, it's gotten so ridiculous that I've decided to shut down my own YouTube channel fairly soon. I will be moving all my existing videos over to another video hosting site (probably Metacafe) and advise anyone who hosts videos on YT to do the same.

Thoughts?

i had the same problem with some weird copyrights problems i had to delete 6 of my vids for those bullshits...mainly for audio tracks and stuff

X820

Noob
I can tell you this much about copyright laws, if you use anything that is not 100% made by you, beeing audio (even half a second) chances are that the owner / writer of the work CAN demand it beeing taken of youtube (in this case), There many video's beeing taken down or stripped from their audio due to this. Mainly by SONY.

Personally I wouldn't move, not really a reason tbh :)