What's new

Your thoughts on Goro's size?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think it's appropriate, he looks bigger then he did in MK 1 I reckon lol even better though that Boon confirmed that Goro will NOT be playable in MK9(thank god lol) hopefully the same will go for Shao Kahn, do it oldschool!:top:

I saw the new pics..and i think this is the RIGHT size for him...i always thought he always got smaller with every edition to the game which kind of irked me....and in MKA he was like the same size as everyone else !!!....but yeah he's bigger now and i like it

JagoMIH

Noob
i wish they were playable...i dont see what would be so hard about balancing them just because they are larger :/

Boon didn't say he wasn't playable -- that GameInfomer (or whatever) article was out of context.

In an interview with for some Dutch/Euro game program he said:

"we don't want to keep anything from fans, so some [boss] characters may need to be unlocked... but we don't want to force players to play for hours just to get something they already paid for".

Reading between the lines: Bosses are playable (in which modes is inconclusive at this point) but must be unlocked in-game. Moreover, Kahn is next in line for some reveals at the offical site, so I highly doubt they'd be bothering with a full 'reveal' for what would amount to nothing more than a window dressing boss at the arse-end of an arcade mode most will only glance at -- and if Kahn is playable, 90% chance Goro is too.

NB: In anticipation of those who are about 'whaaa' about balance: 1) they can nerf them for player use, 2) they can be non rank mode characters only, 3) they can be 1v2 characters only, 4) there can be a 'boss filter' for on-line play(...) In other words, the options are endless as to how to implement the bosses, even in their true OP glory, and still maintain a semblance of balance to gameplay proceedings. You can even ban them at Evo as a last resort, so relax!

i wish they were playable...i dont see what would be so hard about balancing them just because they are larger :/
That's because there isn't anything 'so hard' about it -- no harder than the arcane art of balancing a fighting game is at any rate. (Something no develpoer has yet truely achieved in this genre BTW!)

So those who cry a river over the propect of going up against an imposing Goro or Kahn with their comparatively dweeby ninja clones, can put their pacifiers back in and sit back down on their potties, because the odds are the only thing keeping the bosses from being playable in MK2011 is some in-game unlocking!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hope he's not playable lol.

But anywho, his size is good.

He seems brutal with his x-ray.

P.S. MK's ninjas at least look far different as oppose to certain shotos from SF, 20 years later and they still look alike. At least MK's ninjas evolved since the first 2 games lol.