What's new

Your MK11 Aftermath Balance Predictions: Who lives or dies?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
With a huge update on it's way, it's time to take your guess who lives or dies by the lord that is Paulo, and what changes do you think will be the cause of their death or revival?

This list is based purely on what I think is likely to happen and to encourage you all to post their own predictions.

So, without further delay, Here's mine:

DIES:

Cetrion - I predict the wall will cost a bar of defense meter with an offensive one when amplified. They may also tone down her teleport more as well if not her hit advantage.

Jacqui - They will touch her 9 frame mid in some way, either making it more minus or more startup, possibly more damage scaling. Her her plus frames will be removed.

Sub Zero - Fatal Blow will have a lot more scaling, and they might make F2 will have more startup

Shao Kahn - I hope I'm wrong with this one, but NRS has hesitated on buffing the emperor since day one. He will be able to cancel his F3 string, but his normals will still be slow.

Spawn - He is the latest dlc and the next patch has always adjusted the dlc character which came out before. I expect a lot more damage scaling and no help for his first variation.

Kung Lao - D3 will have less block stun and he will won't be able to do more than 1 spin in a combo, and they'll nerf jump ins once more. Order of Light will be buffed, however.

LIVES:

Erron Black - Something tells me they are going to look into his other variations' specials (like the bear trap) and even revert scud shot to prepatch

Johnny Cage - At worst maybe some damage scaling for the sunglasses fatal blow or his plus frames, and they'll definitely buff shock jock. They may look at his krushing blows too.

Geras - They'll probably take away some plus frames for the sand clone, and then buff sand pillar in New Era. He's been fine in every patch so I think it'll be no different.

Raiden - Truth and Light will receive extremely good buffs such as a proper Jo Push and his frame data such as b12 being -9 will be made safe.

Skarlet - B2 KB will do a lot more damage, F2 will be faster, and some gaps on her strings may be removed entirely.

Scorpion - Misery Blade will return to pre patch state, and F34 will have the flawless gap removed. He will be able to combo off the amp of burning spear as well.

Kitana - I fully expect that the Kitana Kommunity's crying will let her benefit from this patch in some way, so fingers crossed it focuses on variation specifics only.

Kollector - NRS will realize that they made Chakrum and his projectile parry too weak and will buff them. He will have

Liu Kang - They'll probably fix his whiffing issues and tone down his plus frames. But he'll still be fine.

This is all speculation, but going off NRS' past changes, they are looking at what variations are not being played and what is too strong universally and specific to variations. As much as I would love customs, I don't think we will see them until maybe the end of the year. If a character wasn't mentioned, then I don't think they will receive any changes or I lack the knowledge to make a proper assessment.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
I'm hoping they deliver us many variation buffs but not only. Many characters need to have their frame data looked at (yes even kitana) so they can make certain that a character fits a certain "archetype". Many characters don't make any sense, for example:
Cetrion, supposed to be a zoner yet she has staggers for days and can mix you up
Kitana, supposed to be a whiff punisher yet she has slow dial mids with a little bit of zoning.
Sonya, supposed to be a mixup character yet she has probably the best zoning in the game.
Jade, supposed to be a whiff punisher yet she suffers from extremely low damage outside of ED

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Well depending how you look at it either everyone dies at some point in mk or no one dies at all in mk

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I really hope they just buff characters and try not to nerf anyone. I'd like to see a buff to anti airs and slower movement more like the beta.

A fix to button sd shortcuts would be nice. Its completely broken and triggers interactables even when doing block strings and combos. Please dont forget about stick players.