What's new

Yomi: Fighting Card Game

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster

Yomi is a game that I learned about from one of the Wednesday Night Fight streams. Alex Valle was promoting the game as well as James Chen.

Its a card game (NOT a collectible trading card game like Yugioh or Pokemon) where you must read your opponent and guess his next move and capitalize off of it with a move of your own. It is modeled after Street Fighter and is extremely addicting.

The decks are made up of your regular 52 card poker deck + 2 jokers. There are 10 different characters all with different cards, special moves/abilities and Ultras. There are very offensive based characters... there are characters based off defense... there are even characters based on pure luck.

There is a basic rock/paper/scissors type of gameplay. Blocks beat attacks. Throws beat blocks and dodges. Dodges beat attacks. And Attacks beat throws. If both of you play the same type of card, it comes down to who has the faster version of that attack (speed is found on the top of the card). Who ever wins the initial battle can then combo off of it with more cards.

The best part about this game is that you can play it FOR FREE ONLINE. There are even community ran tournaments and leagues. I was one game away from Grand Finals in last weeks tournament.. I ended up getting 3rd place. While I was extremely salty, I still had a freaking blast.

The community is great too. The past 2 tournaments have been streamed on JTV with commentary. Everyone helps everyone and there are a lot of strategies and guides made by the best players to help out inexperienced ones.

Here are a few links to get you started:

Online Version of Yomi: www.fantasystrike.com/dev

A How to Play Yomi video:

The official forums: http://forums.sirlin.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13

There are rule books on the Yomi Online interface as well as on the Yomi Forums. They are pretty easy to learn. You can even practice against the computer before you take your talents online to face the rest of the community. It may look complicated at first.. but it honestly isnt. Just watch the video then play a few games against the AI and you will quickly understand how it works.

My username on Yomi is Gurrry. If anyone needs any help or has any questions feel free to ask me.