What's new

Ying and Yang character thread

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Every character has a weakness and every character has a bad matchup. The purpose of this thread is to help competitive players complete their game. I am a full supporter of challenging yourself and your characters limits vs their bad matchups but I have found nightwolfs counter part. For so long I would try and grind out matches vs kang, mileena, kitana, and cyrax. Then I found the counter match for all of nightwolfs bad match ups IMO.

Now some of you might not agree and some might have other opinions, I welcome it, but I thought I would share this and get some discussion about your opinions on your characters "yang". Aka who you would pick against your mains bad match ups.

Nightwolf/Kenshi

Yes kenshi. I have realized recently how well Kenshi does vs Nightwolfs bad match ups. Nightwolf struggles outside of jump distance but that is where kenshi thrives! Any thoughts? Kitana, raiden, cyrax, kang, etc...I'm pretty sure ALL of nit wolfs bad match ups kenshi beats.

Discuss.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I don't think these is a bad match-up between NW/Raiden. Maybe Reptile but i don't really have too much of a problem with him. Not why i chose them tho i will always main Raiden (Unless Tremor is added to the MK Kast) with NW, Rain or Chameleon (if he ever comes back) as an alternate.

McNasty

Moist.
This is crazy because I actually was thinking about this today. For me its NW and Smoke. I still need work on smoke vs kabal and a few others but with a defensive punishment oriented NW and a hit and run smoke I feel like I can take on the whole cast.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
For me, it's not so much making up for the others weaknesses (well i guess it kinda is lol) but I play as Quan Chi often, but he's my alt. I just find him entertaining to play as. But as you all know, he's semi-bad lol. So then when i lose too much, i grab my main, Sub-Zero. I feel that Sub can hand with the whole cast comfortably so it's nice to go from an uphill struggle, to at least an even fight. Sub will ALWAYS be my main, since the original MK, but I also always found Quan Chi interesting. Just sucks hes not too amazing. I still find Quan Chi a little more fun to play than Sub though :p