What's new

Xrayed through reset.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
I just played a Kung Lao online, I did the standard mid damage reset, 21~net, 21~EX bomb, mid bomb, 123~close bomb, net. Right after the second net fizzled out he xrayed and absorbed the bomb hit. Is this possible consistantly, or was it execution error/ lag?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I just played a Kung Lao online, I did the standard mid damage reset, 21~net, 21~EX bomb, mid bomb, 123~close bomb, net. Right after the second net fizzled out he xrayed and absorbed the bomb hit. Is this possible consistantly, or was it execution error/ lag?
Perfect xray probably
they do have invincibility on startup.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Idk, maybe there's a truly specific window to where even if the bomb hits, it's not a true reset.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I remember TonyT said something about this a while back...

All of Cyraxs resets except the B+2 reset can be escaped. Yep, all net resets can be escaped with EX attacks, but only ceratin characters can do it. Its also very risky for them to try and escape, more often then not they will get reset as the timing is very tricky! The meterless resets seem to be the easiest to escape due to the net releasing them a tiny bit earlier before the bomb goes off. But again its not easy to do.

Flagg

Noob
I've had people jump out or armour through rune traps.

That Cyrax combo, is it the one where you get trapped by the second net momentarily a couple of frames before the bomb goes off? I've always thought there was a tiny window to escape, but you are literally talking 1 or 2 frames at most, surely?

I theorized a long time ago that the resets had a 1 frame window to escape. I discarded it though since everyone was like "reset is inescapable blah blah blah".

If you do the net too early, the bomb will go off and the opponent won't get relaunched. That's cuz the opponent is invincible during double net recovery. I'm guessing the resets have the opponent becoming vulnerable/neutral during the bomb's active frames, therefore relaunch. Xrays have 2 frames of invincibility and don't suffer from meter glitch (most of the time?), so a well timed xray might be able to escape it. However, it's possible that the recovery frames might force the xray to come out one frame later, as in the case of kabal's 2ndc on hit still being an infinite even though it's only +8.

Somberness could probably confirm this.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you did the net too early which made lao invincible to the bomb. Much easier to explain.

LEGEND

YES!
could be a slight miss time on the Cyrax players side, but i have Ex Dash Punched and Ex Cartwheeled through His resets.

Online is utter bullshit. Im convinced the frame data is altered and people with laggy connections and lag switches pull off gimmicks and escapes that can't be done offline.

jumping out of Quan Cheese rune trap is a good example.