What's new

xray?

when is it smart to do it? Because my friend says to stop using because i'm at meter a disadvantage when i use it, but he always breakers it and that i say lao builds meter very fast. Also, i only use it if someone crosses over, hes in + frames, or as an AA.

gdf

Noob
Do you use enhanced moves regularly? Or breaker frequently? This factors into what he might be saying.

Tom brady had said that just by leaving that meter present during a match, will be a mind game in itself.
I believe a top player(might be tom brady) once said that xrays really should only be used to finish close matches.
But like your friend said, lao builds meter fast. So to be honest using it at the end of a round, really doesn't hurt kung lao.

Just never become dependant on using meter only for x-rays to win your matches, high level players will eat you alive if you do that.

I only use it when I know its gonna hit for at least 70%? and I don't think youre wasting your meter, kung lao's x ray is probably the best in the game and it does 50% so why not. also kung lao builds meter like crazy so you will have acces to more meter than most characters.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
X-Rays are to WIN, don't use it as Comback Factor, if you burn it on a High level play competition, the moment they got on their offensive you will be in trouble, also because Spin can be baited if you're desperate to get on match pace.

X-Rays are to WIN, don't use it as Comback Factor, if you burn it on a High level play competition, the moment they got on their offensive you will be in trouble, also because Spin can be baited if you're desperate to get on match pace.
yeah if you have enough life yourself and youll know the opponent will be left with less than 20%, you should do it.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
KL xray is the best armor move, AA, and interrupting move in the game. Period. If you use it for any of these reasons then you're fine.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
X-Rays are normally used to finish them off. (I love X-Rays, so I use them normally) But Lao does build meter pretty quick, so your not at a huge disadvantage. It also plays into your pressure game really well when you just have it. (Tom Brady and the mind game thing) I don't reccommend using against high-level opponents though, as they'll eat you the second you mess up. (no Breakers, and no armor, no match)