What's new

Xbox One Kinect Sensor Might Make Redeeming Game Codes Easier

EGGXI

Scary Bat
My main gripe about this is that I honestly don't think MS really want to spy on me when I play games.
People crying big brother etc. is silly, because it's just when I'm playing games, the one time when my people watching my activities matters the least. If I'm worried about anything it's those Google glasses, people walking around constantly filming more than they already do now with phones etc.

But yeah, that QR code sensor idea is good, just saves time.

Sasuga

Noob
My main gripe about this is that I honestly don't think MS really want to spy on me when I play games.
People crying big brother etc. is silly, because it's just when I'm playing games, the one time when my people watching my activities matters the least. If I'm worried about anything it's those Google glasses, people walking around constantly filming more than they already do now with phones etc.

But yeah, that QR code sensor idea is good, just saves time.
All they need is a face with that name and adres so you can show up in facial recognition databases.

People should not think lightly about giving up your privacy. Technology is continuously expanding and evolving and the companies behind it gain more and more control. Those companies and your government will be a far greater threat than terrorism will ever be. Terrorism is actually only really a threat to the government and so is your anonymity. Just look at what the hackergroup Anonymous can achieve because of their anonymity. It's a kind of power people like you and me can have and at this rate it will be gone by the time we need it. Or do you trust your government that much? Just look at what happenened to Snowden. That can be you when you stand up for what you think is right. Then you will be the 'terrorist'.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Sasuga fair play, but I'm pretty my Gov/whoever has already got all the info on me they need because of stuff I made when I was a bit younger like facebook etc.

It literally has so much info about me and all the facial data they'll ever need, I mean Facebook can auto-tag me based on other photos of me... I'm pretty much buggered already on the whole facial data front.

Sasuga

Noob
Sasuga fair play, but I'm pretty my Gov/whoever has already got all the info on me they need because of stuff I made when I was a bit younger like facebook etc.

It literally has so much info about me and all the facial data they'll ever need, I mean Facebook can auto-tag me based on other photos of me... I'm pretty much buggered already on the whole facial data front.
Facebook only has my face and name, not my adres information. Also, you are not required to fill out your actual name so that means that a facebook name does not prove anything.

It's very likely that they have pretty much everything they need but when you make an xbox account, they have all the information at one place and it will validate all the other info. Especially if you use a credit card; you have to fill it out correctly and it can be validated.

But yeah, there are probably many ways for them to find out all your relevant information, should they want to. But we still should not hand it over freely.