What's new

Xbox Live Gold Increase price to $59.99 On November 1st 2010

wazz

Noob
yh same here in shops the 12 month retails at £40. I can get from internet for bout £25-£30

dont u think buyin loads will expire. (use by date)

Bo_DK

Noob
ScheissNussen said:
You guys will be paying for online soon enough, and if you don't your connection will slowly get worse and worse as you are pushed to the back burner by Sony. Sony will also be a lot less likely to have any deals with price.

You aren't going to want to sit around with the free shit when your friends are chatting it up in parties either. It's too fun / convenient to settle for less options, and at the end of the day it isn't really much money.
If our connection was any worse as it is now, we coulndt even play online so i dont think that is going to happend. Sony allready made the playstation plus that gives you the choise of paying to play.
As far as i know the connections on the xbl is just as bad as psn and i base this on the call of duty games. Sure you guys have better chatrooms and orgies but what good is it to pay for this when the people who talk back and little sqeeaky kids.

Sure it´s not ALOT of money but its still money spent on something you COULD get for free.

Tim Static

Adminerator
$10 more isnt a big deal to me. I still rather pay $60+ than to have Sony with their pathetic $50 "valued shopper" bullshit.

COULD get for free? why? PSN sucks! i just dont get it with PS fanboys at all. ugh

X820

Noob
I really dont see why PSN is even under discussion;

It's bad and so are the mayority of users on it, playing on wireless.

I personally don't consider anyone that does/prefers the above as a half serious gamer, let alone in MK.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
im sry but psn is prolly the worst online expierence ive had,xbl pwns and in comparison to lag xbl isnt laggy, its ur connection.

Bo_DK

Noob
GoldenOreos said:
im sry but psn is prolly the worst online expierence ive had,xbl pwns and in comparison to lag xbl isnt laggy, its ur connection.
I didnt say my connection was bad. I always play cable on ps3, never on wireless.

Tim Static said:
$10 more isnt a big deal to me. I still rather pay $60+ than to have Sony with their pathetic $50 "valued shopper" bullshit.

COULD get for free? why? PSN sucks! i just dont get it with PS fanboys at all. ugh
Why does psn suck? i does the exact same as xbl only for free. Sure xbl does it better i guess but you also need to pay for it. I fully accept people´s choise to go xbl i just dont understand why people thinks its so much better than psn. Test´s of both shows only little differences, none worth paying for imo.

X820 said:
I really dont see why PSN is even under discussion;

It's bad and so are the mayority of users on it, playing on wireless.

I personally don't consider anyone that does/prefers the above as a half serious gamer, let alone in MK.
Im pretty sure if xbox people had the chance to use wireless, they would do that too.

dubson

Noob
XBL > PSN. Yes.

Free > $. Yes.

If your serious about online gaming, you should have XBL. You get what you pay for in that of a much better online experience. In literally every way, lol.

If you really don't care that much, maybe game more offline or with friends. Stick with PSN for gods sake. You can't beat free, and it isn't near as bad as some of the people in here are claiming. Lol in fact it is borderline absurd.

There it is. Coming from someone who has had both.

All the fan boy garbage is exactly that.... No reason for it, they are both good systems.

I have to agree XBL has a better connection than PSN. But for me the best option is FREE. The lags for PSN are slight not horrid.. but they do have their bad times. The heaviest lag I ever experienced is Mortal Kombat II with some people. But my other games online aren't as bad. Not sure who's to blame PSN, my ISP or lag the switchers. But I also had days where PSN is 110% lag free. I wonder why XBL is charging higher prices, are their servers so good that they decided to say, "Hey, we deserve more credit."

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
i just hate how everything online works for ps3. like u have to dl the game then install, thats retarded. goes for everything else too. lag isnt that bad but the interface and how things work is just poop to me. xbl is easy and hassel free imo