What's new

Xbox 360 + UMK3 or MAME

NaD

Noob
Guys i really need your ideas i was planning on getting a xbox360 for the summer i save my money so far i have $320 should i get a xbox360 so i can have fun with you guys and should i just stick with MAME i need your ideas and answers

xbox you can find a game at any time and experience many different ppl's gameplay. mame ur stuck with the same few ppl who cant always play when you want. u can go days of constant playing and be lucky to face the same person twice on xbox.

downside, many ppl on xboxlive suck.

Scheisse said:
Play umk3 on mame/kaillera for a month or two, then go to wal-mart and buy a 360. Get xbla for a month and umk3.

Play it. Love it. Get fuckin tired of it. Take it back for a refund after 27 days.

Then come back to kaillera where there is 9999x the talent per square inch.
:lol:

Derek

Noob
Lord PsyBorg said:
MAME is LAME.

...I hereby give anyone permission to shoot me on the condition that they accept what I just said as true.
The players on MAME are far better than the majority of the players on XBL and he's right.

NaD

Noob
Hmm i dont know what to do

to me MAME does piss me off sometimes the only person i cant get on mame is human smoke i can get ermac classic sub zero and mileena but not human smoke i'm using keyboard cuz im good at keyboard

I would never play on mame religiously cause of the laggy garbage... I tried and it the lag compared to xbl is night and day, at least to me. Although on MAME I could use my joystick hehe.

NaD said:
Guys i really need your ideas i was planning on getting a xbox360 for the summer i save my money so far i have $320 should i get a xbox360 so i can have fun with you guys and should i just stick with MAME i need your ideas and answers
buy a 360, because there are a lot of games you can playonline. most likely you get someone to sell you theres for less because they want an elite.

l SuGaR l said:
Lord PsyBorg said:
MAME is LAME.

...I hereby give anyone permission to shoot me on the condition that they accept what I just said as true.
The players on MAME are far better than the majority of the players on XBL and he's right.
I'm with sugar on this one, mame is extremely gay, because of the connection problems, but all the players are at least 10x better than randoms on xlive, i mean my first match i had ever played online was against busta uppa then later that day i met up with dave101, then Moe30W then i met up with br0ken, i would say out of everyone i have played dave101 and br0ken were the most influental for they taught me 90% of what i know

T

TempesT

You dont have to choose, silly. Get both :] its not like you have to pay for MAME

Scheisse said:
Bob Dole said:
buy a 360, because there are a lot of games you can playonline. most likely you get someone to sell you theres for less because they want an elite.
1. MaMe has over 6,000 games

2. Has THE BEST controller support. You can setup a fuckin Guitar
Hero controller or DDR pad to play MK on if you want.
Anything that accepts inputs.

If you are having problems getting human smoke, program each button as one button and the original button. How you do this: say you set the "H" button as the one you want for H.Smoke. What you do when you assign the keys is assign high punch (button 1) to the normal button that you use for HP AND for "H" by clicking ENTER on button 1, hitting the HP button, then hit enter again (WITHOUT DESELECTING THE BUTTON) then hit "H".

Then when you have every button you need to get H.Smoke assigned to "H" all you have to do is pick R.Smoke and hold in "H"

3. Way better players. Everyone on mame has to be really good to even compete. You very rarely run into a noob, if you do he wont be a noob for long.

4. Almost every MK player on Kaillera has AIM, if they dont, they have MSN. You can get fights that way. If it is around noon and you want to play, go into the Euro Servers. Very rarely can I not find a fight.

5. As far as MK goes, you get almost every version of every MK available.
MK1 prototype, MK2 Challenger Hack, MK3 1.0

Mortal Kombat (prototype, rev 9.0 07/28/92) Midway 1992 -
Mortal Kombat (rev 1.0 08/09/92) Midway 1992 -
Mortal Kombat (rev 2.0 08/18/92) Midway 1992 -
Mortal Kombat (rev 3.0 08/31/92) Midway 1992 -
Mortal Kombat (rev 4.0 09/28/92) Midway 1992 -
Mortal Kombat (rev 4.0 T-Unit 02/11/93) Midway 1992 -
Mortal Kombat (rev 5.0 T-Unit 03/19/93) Midway 1992 -
Mortal Kombat (Yawdim bootleg) Midway 1992 -
Mortal Kombat II (rev L1.4) Midway 1993 -
Mortal Kombat II (rev L2.1) Midway 1993 -
Mortal Kombat II (rev L3.1) Midway 1993 -
Mortal Kombat II (rev L3.2 (European)) Midway 1993 -
Mortal Kombat II (rev L4.2, hack) hack 1993 -
Mortal Kombat II (rev L9.1, hack) hack 1993 -
Mortal Kombat II Challenger (hack) hack 1993 -
Mortal Kombat 3 (rev 1.0) Midway 1994 -
Mortal Kombat 3 (rev 2.0) Midway 1994 -
Mortal Kombat 3 (rev 2.1) Midway 1994 -
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (rev 1.0) Midway 1994 -
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (rev 1.1) Midway 1994 -
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (rev 1.2) Midway 1994 -

6. Its free, no BULLSHIT FEES every couple months after already paying a ridiculous price for a system. All you need is a controller adapter for your favorite controller and you are good to go, and technically you dont even need that. Also, it doesnt cost $80 for a fucking Playstation controller adapter.
You forgot to tell him pipa-boy only plays on mame :roll: