What's new

Xbox 360 transforming dpad warranty?

Vagrant

Noob
Ok so I had one of these things a year ago and the d pad died.

After playing on various other controllers I shelled out the cash for a new one today. The inputs just feel better on the transforming d pad.

My question is does anyone know microsofts warranty policy on these? If the dpad cracks can I get a new one? I can't find a link to their warranty policy on these anywhere and they're 70 bucks a pop.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Ok so I had one of these things a year ago and the d pad died.

After playing on various other controllers I shelled out the cash for a new one today. The inputs just feel better on the transforming d pad.

My question is does anyone know microsofts warranty policy on these? If the dpad cracks can I get a new one? I can't find a link to their warranty policy on these anywhere and they're 70 bucks a pop.
I was on xbox.com I think and I talked to their customer service through a chat. I told them that I bought the controller a month ago (more like 6 months ago lol) and they told me they could replace it for free. All I had to do was send it to this repair place in Texas and they sent me a brand new controller. I still have the controller sitting around unopened in the box, if I had known you were going to buy one I could have sold it to you for cheap.

Vagrant

Noob
I was on xbox.com I think and I talked to their customer service through a chat. I told them that I bought the controller a month ago (more like 6 months ago lol) and they told me they could replace it for free. All I had to do was send it to this repair place in Texas and they sent me a brand new controller. I still have the controller sitting around unopened in the box, if I had known you were going to buy one I could have sold it to you for cheap.
I'll need another to have for tourneys. Hang on to it for me.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I'll need another to have for tourneys. Hang on to it for me.
Honestly, you should just get a ps2 pad and a converter. When I first started using it, it was hard to get used to but after about a week or so you get used to it and your inputs seem to come out a bit more clean. Also it makes iagbs hella easy haha.

Vagrant

Noob
Honestly, you should just get a ps2 pad and a converter. When I first started using it, it was hard to get used to but after about a week or so you get used to it and your inputs seem to come out a bit more clean. Also it makes iagbs hella easy haha.
I lost too many tourney rounds because of those damn PS2 pads. I'll stick to what is comfy

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I lost too many tourney rounds because of those damn PS2 pads. I'll stick to what is comfy
Right on, I guess you can't help what you prefer most. You should ask Forever King about his controller, he's got his modded so it works on ps3 and xbox.

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
If you can get your hands on one to try give the Razer Sabertooth a shot. It's a little pricey at 80 bucks but the d-pad feels great with the four seperate buttons. There are two small remapable buttons on the top between the triggers and bumpers and removable rocker buttons on the back of the controller where you hold your hands. I find that pressing down the rockers are actually more comfortable than using the buttons on the top.

The biggest thing to get used to about the controller is just how fast the button presses are on the 1,2,3 and 4 buttons. They're mechanical so when you have to press buttons in quick succession, like with instant airing, you can sometimes press a punch or kick button before you actually finish with the directional inputs.