What's new

Xbox 360 Controller DPAD vs Analog

Is anyone else having trouble adjusting to the analog or dpad for fighters on the xbox 360?

It seems like it would be personal preference. But, I'm always inadvertently jumping with the analog stick.

Anyone got advice ??

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I use stick, but cock-up a lot on back forward and find it near impossible to do specials that require you to press down twice, so like for green arrow switching to incendiary arrows is infuriating!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I have an xbox and cant stand those controllers. My answer would be to buy a converter and use a ps3 pad or buy a stick.

You know what I just did? I purchased a SFIV pad manufactured by matcatz for about $20 used at Gamestop. That thing works BEAUTIFULLY compared to the 360 controller! The only issue with these pads is that diagonal directional inputs can be a little tricky because you have to accurately press them, you can't just casually press your thumb close to it. The WWE pads are the same.

I also purchased the SFxT models and I'm not really liking them too much. It doesn't feel as good in my hands, and they changed the button size/layout so that it's more tuned towards 6 button fighting games and it's a little tough with MK. I'm sure it's just a matter of getting used to, I can keep you guys posted if you'd like.

Komatose

The Prettiest
If I actually played on pad, I would not use the analog stick. I've tried once or twice and so many movements came out incorrect so if I ever play on a pad again, I would of course use the dpad.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
As WannaBe said, the Madcatz fight pad is a great alternative for us 360 users. I used one primarily for MK9 and have now switched to stick but it did serve me well. Can't beat the price either.

You received the best advice by everyone here "dpad".

I play on 360 and thank god albiet not as good as ps3 dpad - but thank god we have one - it's horrifying trying to play this on analog.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Yeah. I tried playing Marvel vs Capcom 3 on xbox 360... Never again. I always play fighting games on ps3 because the pad is better. So I would buy a fight stick personally. If not eventually you will get used to the d pad. Just might have a few input errors.