What's new

XBL UMK3: What's up with the leaderboards?

I actually woke up Sunday morning at a normal hour (10AM) not something I do normally, but anyway, I figured I would try and get to #1 on the weekly leaderboards.

Well, forget that. 50 wins in a row and zero losses diden't do it, infact, that record got me only to number 15. After a while I stopped caring. I don't know how these people get to the top 10, but it certainly ain't by being good. I see good people like DC Hustle and MistaKM in the top 10, but the rest of the people I see are terrible and I beat them any and every time I ever play them, so how are they top 10? XX Klutch XX? XXreptile? VBC Monster???

Can someone explain to me how they get in the top 10 weekly VC leaderboards? I'm just really curious. I mean, if winning every match against every opponent doesn't give you points I don't know what will.

And just so you know, some of the people I beat this morning were:

bishamon S
argeezy
PhillyBleeding
Dawn Elemental
1whiteonegold

And one of them got any wins on me. No slouches by any means. So what is the deal? Please someone explain it to me. What is up with the UMK3 XBL leaderboards?

Shaney

Noob
The leaderboards on MK suck. I stopped playing Ranked the night I won 8 straight and went down 3 spots. For weekly, I guess you just have to play a shitload to be #1 for the week. Then again, I saw a guy who was #1 and he had like 65 wins and 99 losses at the time and there were people below him with way better records. So I don't really know how it works. One word for this game: PATCH

dubson

Noob
it doesnt go by your win/loss record dude

it goes by matches played

so even people with shitastic records can be number 1, and it doesnt matter who u beat

its worthless

FILER

Noob
I actually woke up Sunday morning at a normal hour (10AM) not something I do normally, but anyway, I figured I would try and get to #1 on the weekly leaderboards.

Well, forget that. 50 wins in a row and zero losses diden't do it, infact, that record got me only to number 15. After a while I stopped caring. I don't know how these people get to the top 10, but it certainly ain't by being good. I see good people like DC Hustle and MistaKM in the top 10, but the rest of the people I see are terrible and I beat them any and every time I ever play them, so how are they top 10? XX Klutch XX? XXreptile? VBC Monster???

Can someone explain to me how they get in the top 10 weekly VC leaderboards? I'm just really curious. I mean, if winning every match against every opponent doesn't give you points I don't know what will.

bishamon S
argeezy
PhillyBleeding
Dawn Elemental
1whiteonegold

And one of them got any wins on me. No slouches by any means. So what is the deal? Please someone explain it to me. What is up with the UMK3 XBL leaderboards?
Haha, you are funny.

Whoever plays the most that week will be num 1. Competition is dead though, bitches be leaving after one match. Im glad the leaderboards are broke because if they weren't, everyone would be scared to play each other.

The leaderboards are mostly based on who plays the most. I believe it also takes into effect the Versus Challenger score (0-100) of whoever you are playing. I believe you get more points for winning, though not by much. I'm not positive about this.

I thought the weekly leaderboards took into account the xbox live versus challenger overall scores too. I noticed I get less points when I cream a newb as opposed to when I get lucky and beat Pajaro. I remember going 2-10 against Pajaro and I moved up a few spots. But yeah most of the time the top is loaded with people who stink but play a lot. I've only went for the top spot a few weeks and to keep the spot you have to constantly fucking play. I don't have that kind of time any more. The leaderboards are worthless. The people that matter know who the top players are anyways.

bishamon S
argeezy
PhillyBleeding
Dawn Elemental
1whiteonegold

IDK if this is part of the weekly leader boards but, They have points. The higher you have, the higher you go. You get more points from, faster wins, and bigger combos, and health.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
The people on this site and in the UMK3 community itself that are high level don't really need to or care about proving themselves. The funny thing is, when these people get slaughtered by anyone much lower than them on the stupid thing, they be like...

The people on this site and in the UMK3 community itself that are high level don't really need to or care about proving themselves. The funny thing is, when these people get slaughtered by anyone much lower than them on the stupid thing, they be like...
Everyone knows this, just a question about how the leaderboard works.

"IDK if this is part of the weekly leader boards but, They have points. The higher you have, the higher you go. You get more points from, faster wins, and bigger combos, and health. "

I don't think this is true at all.

I thought the weekly leaderboards took into account the xbox live versus challenger overall scores too. I noticed I get less points when I cream a newb as opposed to when I get lucky and beat Pajaro.
I think this is actually the VC score (1-100) rather than their actual record. You're probably getting 5x the points losing to pajaro than you are creaming a newb.

The ranking system is completely stupid. The only real use for the leaderboards is to see who's been playing a lot that week and what their win ratio is.

But hey, it's online play anyway, no reason to take it serious.

Tim Static

Adminerator
At least the XBL UMK3 Leaderboards make more sense than the PSN MK2 Leaderboards.

Fro MK2, it keeps your longest win streak as your score.

For instance, I had 25-26 wins in a row at one point, which is my longest win streak on MK2. So my score is 25 or 26 (cant remember exactly).

I think dvdsn, who is in 1st, has a score of like 250+ :eek:

But can you imagine how high scores would be on XBL if this kind of rating was done? Especially with all the droppers and one & doners! geesh...

And by the way, I still don't know what the hell the 'freind's leaderboard' thing means when you're in the 360 dashboard.

Anyone got any idea?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Everyone knows this, just a question about how the leaderboard works.

"IDK if this is part of the weekly leader boards but, They have points. The higher you have, the higher you go. You get more points from, faster wins, and bigger combos, and health. "

I don't think this is true at all.
I know, just going for laughs...as always.

The friends leaderboard goes by how many consecutive wins you currently have in ranked matches.

If asshole A has won 10 matches in a row while asshole B only has 9, asshole A will be in the lead.

However!

As soon as asshole A loses a ranked match his score goes back down to 0, thus putting asshole B in the lead.

i believe its how many consecutive wins you have in arcade because when i play in ranked i won 13 in a row and it still showed 10 on my board

Yeah I'm confused about it. I thought I'd won like 50 in a row in ranked at one point or another, and I'm positive others have. Thae top score on my list is in the twenties at most usually.