What's new

X-Ray Reset

So today after being in practice mode I discovered after a x-ray with reptile about 4 character lengths away from the corner I could follow it up with any attack. (The x-ray would push them completely into the corner). Some of the examples for a followup were f+2, 1 or d+4 acid hand. The opponent can block this but it puts them into a standing state not allowing them wake-up attacks.

I then tried to do it right in the corner due to the fact that it would be very unpractical to get to the certain range needed to execute the follow up. After multiple attempts I noticed doing the x-ray in the corner seemed to push you away from the character and corner to where getting a follow up was impossible. Unless... you did an elbow dash first after the x-ray, which puts you in the perfect range for the follow up such as a d+4 etc.

Finally I decided to try it mid screen and... it still works! Just do an elbow dash after the x-ray and you will get another follow up. Here is a video of it mid screen.
Shout outs to xkheretic for capturing this for me.
P.S. Sorry if people already knew about this.

Hmm, I meant like after the Xray is over, before Reptile has a chance to Elbow Dash over and do D+4 Acid Hand, can't the guy roll out? Or you can't like you say. Oh, well, guess test it some more.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I do this all the time. Very good trick...and technically gives him more damage off an X-Ray due to guaranteed chip damage.

Hmm, I meant like after the Xray is over, before Reptile has a chance to Elbow Dash over and do D+4 Acid Hand, can't the guy roll out? Or you can't like you say. Oh, well, guess test it some more.
Nah you can't roll out. You don't get a chance to do it as you are still in the animation from the x-ray.