What's new

Wrestlemania 32 Review

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Not counting the preshow, below are my thoughts on the matches and the show.

THE ACTUAL CARD

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Title:

-Kevin Owens (c) vs. The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sami Zayn vs. Zack Ryder vs. Sin Cara vs. Stardust

• Have to say this was a solid match, but then again how can you possibly fuck up a ladder match? I thought Sami Zayn or Zack Ryder (yes I said that) were the only legit options outside of Kevin Owens to win the matcvh. Why ZR? Because WWE was building him up through documentary vids and promos leading into the match. That is usually a sign of something big for that person. Props to Ryder for the surprise win. That said, I expect him to immediately drop it back to Owens tonight on Raw.
No Holds Barred Street Fight:
-Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar

• Brock comes out the victor and I'm not surprised one bit. Ambrose looked strong in the loss by pulling out every weapon at his disposal, but ultimately Lesnar had to go over for credibility sake.
Singles Match:
-Chris Jericho vs AJ Styles

• I felt like I was watching Punk/Y2J from WM28 all over again. These two put on a fantastic match and had the match of the night in terms of pure wrestling. Jericho getting the win was questionable in my eyes, but you can't go wrong with either one of these guys. Styles will be a main eventer very soon, if not already.
Triple Threat Match for the Divas Championship:
-Charlotte (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch

• Arguably the match of the night, and that says a LOT for being a women's match on Wrestlemania of all nights. There were so many positives to this match. The fact that the term "diva" has FINALLY been laid to rest, the new and MUCH better looking Women's Championship, and the women having one of the best ladies matches I've seen in a long time (outside of Japan.) Charlotte winning was the right call and her moonsault was reminiscent of Kurt Angle. Just a thing of beauty. Becky Lynch looked the best of the three and I wouldn't have been upset had she won. The audience wanted Sasha to win, but she had a number of botches and is just too new to the scene to be carrying the banner for the women's division just yet. Her time will come.
Handicap Match:
-The New Day vs. The League of Nations

• New Day had me cracking up throughout the entire fight, I just love these guys. League of Nations gets the win, and then Mick Foley, Steve Austin, and HBK all come down to the ring and start kicking the crap out of LON. HBK was in his wrestling gear and he got an electric pop. Loved seeing these legends back for one more night.
Hell In a Cell Match:
-Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker. If Shane wins he gains control of WWE Raw.

• Holy hell (no pun intended.) Shane McMahon delivered with THE spot of the night in falling 20+ feet off the cage onto the announce table. I was hoping to high heaven that he would have connected on Taker because it would have been a foregone conclusion that he would win the match...but for anyone to take an elbow from that great of a height would have resulted in a trip to the ER or worse. Shane should have won this match, because now it makes the entire storyline of taking over Raw completely meaningless. What a waste.
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal:
-Heath Slater, Curtis Axel, Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Big Show, Kane, Tyler Breeze, Mark Henry, Jack Swagger, Fandango, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Konnor, Viktor, Goldust, R-Truth and 4 others...

• Shaquille O'Neal's spot with Big Show was awesome, though we had seen it years before. NXT star Corbin ended up winning by dumping out Kane, which surprised me as I had picked Kane to win once Shaq went out. Wonder how WWE will follow up on this one...
The Rock appears...

• Only to be interrupted by the Wyatt Family. Rock calls them out for a match and Erick Rowan accepts, only to be beaten in 5 seconds. Really REALLY hated this, since the Wyatts get buried and look like chumps. But that's not all. John Cena's return to help the Rock did nothing more than further the burial of the Wyatts and further my hatred for him, and honestly, now the Rock.
WWE World Heavyweight Title Match:
-Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns

• Awesome entrance from Steph and HHH. No surprise here with Reigns getting the win and the title. WWE finally did what they were afraid to do last year and now we are stuck with John Cena 2.0 as the standard bearer for everyone else (shudders.)

Last edited: