What's new

Would you play a fighting game that was just stick people?

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Different colored stick people, so you can tell them apart. They have simple names (bob, joe) and such, but it's a really great fighting game. It's fast, technical, smooth, has no lag online, etc. It has about 32 different characters (so many colors and sizes) and follows each character archetype faithfully. It is very balanced, not completely balanced, but very damn near.

it includes two modes: Versus, where you can fight offline or online against others. And Training mode, which is extremely in depth and includes a tutorial mode, which teaches you how to not only play the game, but play fighters in general as well. None of the characters have story modes or any personality, or costumes or something like that, there is only one stage and it's only detailed just enough so you don't get the characters mixed up with the stage.

but it is a very good, full, and balanced fighter for 15-20 dollars. Would you play this?

RomeoBravoDelta

Dojo Trainee
2D or 3d? 4, 6, or 8 buttons? 1 on 1, tag, or team? You've left a lot of questions unanswered, but if you're real question is "How important is art style in a fighting game?" then my answer is "somewhat."

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I would play the stick with the smallest hitbox

Zwooosh

Worst Lao Ever.
I'll be honest, most of the fun i have playing mk is trashing characters etc according to their personality. I probably wouldn't.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yes. Because it's stick figures. If you've ever seen a good stick figure action movie, you wouldn't be able to turn this down.

Espio

Kokomo
No because I'm a very visual oriented person and diversity matters to me. I cannot play a game, especially a fighting game without characters havin appealing costumes, lines, and things of that nature. A character doesn't have to be pretty, but they have to look cool to me or I will not play them or the game (I'd play Baraka before I played Kung Lao for example).

Balance is important, but I want all the other stuff too.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yes, if all the stick figures are unique enough within their own move set, I don't define characters by their personality in FGs - I define them by their move set. However, I do enjoy unique personalities such as Quan's.

Mr. Mileena

Warrior
A blue stick figure would have about as much personality as Kitana.

It would be prettier too.

D:
You are BANISHED from my kingdom.

Do not think for a second you are welcome back in Edenia.

You're my next target, I will send you to losers, purposely lose, then eliminate you from our next similar tournament. BIG MISTAKE DISRESPECTING THE PRINCESS!

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i know what you are getting at but no, thats fucking boring, elitist and hipster as fuck.

"oh you play games with graphics? i only play Hitbox Fighter and text adventure RPGs, you probably never heard of them though."

Tolkeen

/wrists
I wouldn't play it because it costs 15 dollars. SG is (or so I hear) one of the best fighting games to ever come out at that price (or any price when compared to sfxt) , and the online play is as lagless as you can get due to ggpo....
I still won't buy it because it's money, and I am not invested in the lore, like I am with MK.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
There actually is a game you can play on the wii where you can make your own movements and do fatalities with stick figure characters. I forget the name of it though.

DaRabidDuckie

Shimapan Destroyer
I've said for a long time that I'd play a fighting game with just stick figures cock-slapping each other if it had a good fighting engine...