What's new

Worst thing to ever happen to MK? How would MK look if it was still digitized?

SZSR

Noob
Worst: 3D, MK4 (the original offender who made people think it was a good idea)

Don't get me wrong, Armageddon was a disappointment for sure and was light years behind MK4 as far as an actual fighter. But by MK4, Midway was losing money and this gamble wasn't entirely great. I did have fun with MKDA and MKD in spite of all that, but after a while they all got boring.

Digitized, eh i'd have to see how it was done to judge. I don't think it'd be bad just outdated.

Espio

Kokomo
Mortal Kombat Armageddon was the worst...I have never played an MK game before that I only played for like 2 weeks and didn't bother with again and I only played it for a long time to beat Arcade and unlock everyone.

I keep it as a collector's item because it had everyone in it as playable, but aside from that, nothing about the game had me coming back. DA and Deception were much better and I really enjoyed MK4. The really funny part is MKv.s. DCU felt like a breath of fresh air compared to Armageddon and the controls were much smoother and the game was much more enjoyable even though it only had a couple MK characters I liked.

At least the Wii version had Khameleon in it and survival mode, but still dropped it rather quickly.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
take a look at death cargo. the models arent terrible. thats just independent development. im sure a major studio could make it look great.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Worst things: MK armageddon and no blood in MK1 when it was released on console for SNES. Instead we had grey blood blobs and uninteresting fatalities.

My worst MK experience was getting all hyped for MK for snes and then actually playing it for the first time. Lol i saw the grey sweat and returned it the next day.

I dont know how i would feel about the digitized actors.. I think MK is actually doing well when it comes to art direction.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Armageddon. Without question.

MK4 was about as good a leap as could be taken into next-gen exploration at that time.
And the training modes and single-player experiences MKDA and MKD provided were second-to-none.

Armageddon took every good idea these 3 games had, ate them, pooped them out, and called it progress.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
what the fuck man. I think the reason why they didn't do HD Kollection was because it would look awkward with the HD sprites at the framerate of the original games.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I don't understand why they aren't using better colors for palette swaps, there is a green screen and a motion capture person there on top of it. It looks like they were doing a raw capture of the character and then overlaying it onto a 3D model? Then HOPEFULLY outputting the 3D model to a 2D sprite?
i dont know, these pics were so confusing. lol

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't understand why they didn't just remake the games in HD, with new properties, fixes and what not, instead of trying to match everything, where ultimately they failed. What a huge waste it would have been to do all that, with all the flaws of the original games still there.