What's new

Worst Fatality in MK9?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Cyber Sub's where he jumps on you, gives you a hug, you both freeze and die together. It's a shitty love story.

Agilaz

It has begun
Rain's first fatality is pretty meek. There is no blood or anything. Sonya's second one is also pretty bad.

What really broke my heart though, was that some of the more classic fatalities didn't make it into the game: Kano's laser eye, Shang Tsung's Soul Steal and Spike fatalities... Don't get me wrong, I like Shang's current fatalities a lot, but it would've been nice if these were released, albeit as DLC.

As for "new" fatalities, I can say I would love to see Cyrax have a fatality similar to the one he does in the last episode of MK:Legacy. That shit is bad-ass.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
1: Sub-Zero's "Klassic" head rip, such a disappointment, in the earlier MK he did it fast in an uppercut-like animation.

The MK9 version shouldn't even work, it looks so weak.

2: Sonya' Cut-throat, blatantly stolen from Thrill Kill's Tormentor

it's also lame for Sonya.

3. Shang Tsung's. Absolutely no match against his MK3 Soul Rip and MK3 Spike Slam. Clown is funny but SPIKE SLAM!

4. Jax' arm rip, way worse than Sheeva's. What do i care about my arms when my head is pulp?

Best Fatalities: Baraka

Favorite - Ermac #2. Make em small and stomp. Scarlets #2. Bathing in their blood. KL #2 with ground hat.
Worst - Shang #2. Joker is dumb. All of Sonya's.... CSZ both. (Even though after the third ninja star, their body is funny.) Both of Kitanan's.

I hate the ones where people get ripped apart where it's TOTALLY unrealistic. I realize that NOBODY can tear people limb from limb with their bare hands, but when Sonya rips you in half with her legs, it just looks ridiculous (as opposed to Sub-Zero pulling your head off which seems realer in the context of the game). I think Cage also does the one where he just pulls your torso off without any leverage. It just looks stupid.

And yeah, CSZ's shuriken one is just completely silly considering he doesn't use shurikens in the game.

Subby

Frost Warrior
CSZ first one is horrible. Whats the point of killing your enemy when you go down with him? Especiallyy when your not the one dizzy...

Well , although it's not that bad, I was really disappointed with Kano's second fatality. After I did the first one I thought "Deadly heart rip+ he makes his opponent look at their still beating heart"........then I did the second one...and I thought "Oh another heart rip....... :/ . I really hope they give each character a "Saltality" in the future though. :cool:

I dont like Kitanas stab in the gut, rip the head in half. It bothers me because the modeling on the gut wound is terrible. It takes too much "flesh" out for what it does and the modeling is lazy in the area, you can see how low poly everything is, its like the upper and lower torso are attached by a single triangle and you can see the background around the tip of it. Looks terrible.

I think scorpions slash in half one is elegant. I like the style. Ruthless, fast, and cool. Second one is good too. Thematic, interesting. Makes you go "Hmmmmm".

Shao Kahns hammerboom i like too, just the BOOM factor. The body rip one is interesting but again, poorly modeled and animated.

Ermac shrinkray. Oh yes, I love this. Makes me think of Duke3d. This pleases me.

Smokes are silly. Thematic, I suppose, but silly regardless. "A whacha say?!?! Mama Cita?!?!" body falls apart. Some smoke particles. Ok.

Surprised that nobody has mentioned liu kang's dragon fatality. It seems like it's out of nowhere, and doesn't look as brutal as it should. I like both of CSZ's though. He doesn't die on his first one, he teleports. And the shuriken one is fun, because instead of just ripping somebody apart, he goes directly to the weakest spot of a human's body, scrambling it around like a crappy breakfast at holiday inn.

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
Quan Chi's second, the sword one. I remember in the trailer that was going to be Scorpions, and it's kinda lame that they just gave it to Quan Chi.
Liu Kangs first, the fist impale. Hell, that was completely boring. I would've loved the soccer fatality from SM, that kicked ass.
Both of Skarlets. She had so much potential, but nope, they just gave her ear surgery and suspended junk slice.
Kabals intestine thing. It was pretty lame, he could've done more then just let them fall.
Jades first, could've been better.

Justice

Noob
For me, while both of Sonya's Fatalities fit her character, they are both lame and boring as all get out. I don't know if the WB had anything to do with it, but I've found the vast majority of the Fatalities pretty bland this year.

My faves are Mileena's kiss and eat, Quan Chi's beating you with your own appendage, and the stage Fatality where you punt your opponent's face into the lava :D

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
Smoke's are boring and uninspired.

I don't get the hate for Mileena's face munch, I think it's one of the better ones, very nasty.

Reedoms

Noob
Quan Chi's second, the sword one. I remember in the trailer that was going to be Scorpions, and it's kinda lame that they just gave it to Quan Chi.
Liu Kangs first, the fist impale. Hell, that was completely boring. I would've loved the soccer fatality from SM, that kicked ass.
Both of Skarlets. She had so much potential, but nope, they just gave her ear surgery and suspended junk slice.
Kabals intestine thing. It was pretty lame, he could've done more then just let them fall.
Jades first, could've been better.
But Liu Kangs fatality is what he killed Shao Kahn with the first time. It's kind of iconic.

BKclover

Noob
Hmm, I'm starting to understand why NR doesn't listen to the fans on most things.

Seriously, when someone starts dissing one of the most iconic Fatalities(Lui's Dragon) or the ESRB maker(Zero's Spine Rip) its time to say "Fuck the fans".

Well, this experiment went just as expected. Here's a parting shot.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Raidens second one is just hilarious to me, the one where he rips two organs out and does some kind of dance to electrify them and then puts them back in. Same for Quan Chi's leg beatdown and Sheevas arm one. Johny Cages and the winner is... one is pretty good too.

The worst ones would be both of Cyber Sub Zeros and Sonyas, so uninspired.

I hate Shang's clown fatality, it might be my least favorite in the game.

I like the stage fatalities in this game; I genuinely think they did a good job there. As far as character fatalities go, I like Sektor's scarecrow and Kabal's intestine rip. Quan Chi's leg rip, of course, is classic. Quan Chi also has one of the best win poses in the game, along with Stryker and Shao Khan. :)

Enenra

Go to hell.
Sindel's are retarded. I like the noise Rain's second fatality makes, that whole water blade charging up thing.