What's new

General/Other WONDERED VS FOXY ( MATCHUP HELP NEEDED)

You are wasting meter on x ray when you could use it in enhance moves .... Skarlet has one of the strongest enhance moves in the game. And Finish your plate with max damage

You are wasting meter on x ray when you could use it in enhance moves .... Skarlet has one of the strongest enhance moves in the game. And Finish your plate with max damage
idk y uppercuted, o well. but my xray, i meant tomix it in combo, but if the opps there ill use it. but its ok, still working on my skarlet, this match is real old. i dont do this as much anymore.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
You didn't play footsies with her. U need to use f43, dc pressure and make him burn meter to get in on you. Then when you get a combo you can get big damage without him having a breaker. Her ex cancel strings are frame traps that rival cages for effectiveness. But you have to have meter.

And it's better to build meter through footsies, and dc than taking damage.

Flagg

Noob
Getting a downslash at the start of that round gave you the opportunity to get a nice life lead. Maybe you upper-cutted cause you were a bit nervous?

The great thing about Skarlet is she has so many things she can do after she launches someone. For instance after the downslash you could have gone for F4 downslash, 13 dagger cancel, dash, F4, red slide. Not sure damage output as she has so many things she could do, but that would have netted you at least 35%.

I love playing Skarlet, im just not sure if im comfortable enough yet playing her at a relatively decent level against other good players.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
idk y uppercuted, o well. but my xray, i meant tomix it in combo, but if the opps there ill use it. but its ok, still working on my skarlet, this match is real old. i dont do this as much anymore.
Can't really help you if this isn't an accurate video of your playstyle.

Can't really help you if this isn't an accurate video of your playstyle.
tru, i dont play like that much anymore, ive been training to be stronger. although i could use advice on the johnny match a little. my best bet lately is outzoning him ( or simply keeping him full screen).

You didn't play footsies with her. U need to use f43, dc pressure and make him burn meter to get in on you. Then when you get a combo you can get big damage without him having a breaker. Her ex cancel strings are frame traps that rival cages for effectiveness. But you have to have meter.

And it's better to build meter through footsies, and dc than taking damage.
thanks, i do use her footisies more now, esp. how good her down 4 game is. ( lol awesome advice, hope to play again soon its been awhile).

Skitzo

Noob
I wouldn't go toe to toe with JC as Skarlet either. Maybe zone with dag cancels from 3/4 screen into red dash slide to clear the spacing. You'll be building meter in the process. Just get in & out imo. & read his strings (f3 f3 f33 21 2 etc..) , so you can find an opportunity to EX dash. I'd recommend ending combos with f43 to knock him back full screen & do a bit of zoning. Just my 2 cents.

I wouldn't go toe to toe with JC as Skarlet either. Maybe zone with dag cancels from 3/4 screen into red dash slide to clear the spacing. You'll be building meter in the process. Just get in & out imo. & read his strings (f3 f3 f33 21 2 etc..) , so you can find an opportunity to EX dash. I'd recommend ending combos with f43 to knock him back full screen & do a bit of zoning. Just my 2 cents.
lol thats how i fight him now. keep that bitch out!! lol

SwayNTech

da bess
Cage with no meter can be zoned out well with dagger cancels, just make sure he isn't going to jip you. EX red dash to armor out of pressure, risky but worth it. Stay awayy when you have no meter.. I think most of this has been said but meh. lulz