What's new

Strategy Wonder Woman vs. Green Arrow mix up

DarkPage

Noob
Brand new to posting and decided to put something ive figured out after getting owned by a green arrow.
Green arrows ice arrow mix up from d1.
Either the d1 into low ice arrow
or d1 into jump back overhead ice arrow
anybody who watches chris G play as undoubtedly seen it
seems hard to punish

now i had heard you could interrupt a blocked d1 with your own d1 but i could never seem to do it, id always get hit by the follow up ice arrow low

so i went into training mode, and although the counter to it is still a bit of a guess it gives you a chance to punish if you guess right instead just blocking correctly.

this is widely known that ww d3 goes under ice arrows so for the low, so from a blocked d1 from GA just use d3 and the arrow will go over and you can get your mix up in of the knock down.
but if he does the d1. into overhead arrow
what you do is dash forward, d2 b112,b112 lasso

the arrow will miss.
so just a little info incase anyone else had the same problem i did fighting GA

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Green Arrow can go green fuck himself. He's so annoying in the right hands. I feel like he's a pretty bad matchup for Wonder Woman. Green Lantern and Green Arrow are the only people I have troubles with using WW. Green people suck.

But yeah I almost always get the d3 to go under the arrows easily. But then hes on the ground ready for his 14 different fucking wakeup attacks which are all ridiculous.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
The lightning arrow will hit Wonderwoman if you try D3 it. Just a heads up. Also if you are mashing D3 you will be hit by the over head arrow.

But yeah I almost always get the d3 to go under the arrows easily. But then hes on the ground ready for his 14 different fucking wakeup attacks which are all ridiculous.

most arrows will wake up savage blast. But if you find they are trying to wake up Stinger or hurricane bow. those are both hugely punishable on block. WW's all about getting the hard knock downs man and baiting those wake ups.

Personally I think the Green Arrow vs WonderWoman is a 5-5. but WW might win it, just because of insane meterless damage and some really safe options. Arrow keeps her ass outta the air though which helps a bit.

Really fun Match up to play though.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
The lightning arrow will hit Wonderwoman if you try D3 it. Just a heads up. Also if you are mashing D3 you will be hit by the over head arrow.

most arrows will wake up savage blast. But if you find they are trying to wake up Stinger or hurricane bow. those are both hugely punishable on block. WW's all about getting the hard knock downs man and baiting those wake ups.

Personally I think the Green Arrow vs WonderWoman is a 5-5. but WW might win it, just because of insane meterless damage and some really safe options. Arrow keeps her ass outta the air though which helps a bit.

Really fun Match up to play though.
Yeah I almost always beat him, he's just annoying. Especially when we get full screen apart... and its basically a 50/50 [actually kind of a 33/33/33] to get back in... and I just seem to keep guessing wrong every time lol.

Which one is savage blast? I like the one where he dashes backwards and shoots an arrow at the ground... I always fly above alongside with him and land kicking his head for 40% combo. But he has a couple anti air wakeups i think, and a slide, those are annoying. His hurricane bow attack is something good ones never do ey.

Today I played one, and he jumped in the air, and shot his ice arrow down to the ground [overhead] and I shit you not, it hit about 1 foot in front of my toe [i was crouch blocking not moving] and it froze me. Its like Green Lanterns low footslide attack, his foot is still 2 feet away and it hits me?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yeah I almost always beat him, he's just annoying. Especially when we get full screen apart... and its basically a 50/50 [actually kind of a 33/33/33] to get back in... and I just seem to keep guessing wrong every time lol.

Which one is savage blast? I like the one where he dashes backwards and shoots an arrow at the ground... I always fly above alongside with him and land kicking his head for 40% combo. But he has a couple anti air wakeups i think, and a slide, those are annoying. His hurricane bow attack is something good ones never do ey.

Today I played one, and he jumped in the air, and shot his ice arrow down to the ground [overhead] and I shit you not, it hit about 1 foot in front of my toe [i was crouch blocking not moving] and it froze me. Its like Green Lanterns low footslide attack, his foot is still 2 feet away and it hits me?

lol that was probably something to do with a conection issue, I've had some ice arrows hit online when they had no buisness doing so.

Stinger is the slide, it's about -21 on block I think, so super easy punish.

If they ever try cross you up on wake up your spin beats everything clean on wake up so they should never be trying to jump on you when you are down.

The up useless arrow is good wake up they will do if you keep trying to cross them up on wake up. Uphaven blast is kinda slow but good if you are trying to close distance on him.

remember you have a great projectile parry that comes out super fuckin fast, so it's also not that hard to just walk him down and get into a good range. most arrows will end up cornering themselves.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
so i went into training mode, and although the counter to it is still a bit of a guess it gives you a chance to punish if you guess right instead just blocking correctly.

Yes it's a bit of a guess, but thats where the mind games come in and reading you're opponent. Look at all your options after Blocked D1, know the situation. Do you need to risk trying to interupt it, will it win you the game, are you trying early in a set to establish to him that you can blow it up. These all come into play in this match up. I think the dash forward option is super super risky. I would start of MB B3ing him because it will make him respect you, and he will probably go for the over head after that. And WW has sick options for the over head that you can do on reaction offline.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
lol that was probably something to do with a conection issue, I've had some ice arrows hit online when they had no buisness doing so.

Stinger is the slide, it's about -21 on block I think, so super easy punish.

If they ever try cross you up on wake up your spin beats everything clean on wake up so they should never be trying to jump on you when you are down.

The up useless arrow is good wake up they will do if you keep trying to cross them up on wake up. Uphaven blast is kinda slow but good if you are trying to close distance on him.

remember you have a great projectile parry that comes out super fuckin fast, so it's also not that hard to just walk him down and get into a good range. most arrows will end up cornering themselves.
Do you think Sword and Shield stance is good against Arrow, you run into that yet?