What's new

Wonder Woman: A Short by Rainfall Films

Wonder Woman

You're no match for an Amazon
Aquaman needs to be top priority though.
Not over Wonder Woman.

She's a cultural, patriotic, and feminist icon that has existed for over 7 decades and is one of DC's top three most popular properties. Wonder Woman is still very much alive in the general public despite DC and WB's constant snubbing of her. She has been consistently published since 1941 and is the most popular female super hero in the entire world.

Aquaman is still not even taken seriously by the general public and even in shows like "The Big Bang Theory" which embraces "nerd culture" and premiered to 18.9 million viewers makes jokes about Aquaman being useless.

Not only this but the movie cinema is completely devoid of any strong female figures, having another white male superhero breaks absolutely zero ground while Wonder Woman would set the tone for any arguments surrounding equal representation in media.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Not over Wonder Woman.

She's a cultural, patriotic, and feminist icon that has existed for over 7 decades and is one of DC's top three most popular properties. Wonder Woman is still very much alive in the general public despite DC and WB's constant snubbing of her. She has been consistently published since 1941 and is the most popular female super hero in the entire world.

Aquaman is still not even taken seriously by the general public and even in shows like "The Big Bang Theory" which embraces "nerd culture" and premiered to 18.9 million viewers makes jokes about Aquaman being useless.

Not only this but the movie cinema is completely devoid of any strong female figures, having another white male superhero breaks absolutely zero ground while Wonder Woman would set the tone for any arguments surrounding equal representation in media.
MAN I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY OF THAT NOISE! AQUAMAN IS GAAAWWWLIKKE AND DESERVES HIS MOVIE MORE THAN DIANA...but not really doe. ;_____; R.I.P. Arthur

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
MAN I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY OF THAT NOISE! AQUAMAN IS GAAAWWWLIKKE AND DESERVES HIS MOVIE MORE THAN DIANA...but not really doe. ;_____; R.I.P. Arthur
Id' really enjoy a movie that pits them against each other.

They have alot of history and it could make a very good "backstory" movie to pull them into the Justice League. Kill two birds with one stone.

I personally don't think any of the Justice League should get their "own" movie. They are too bland and need each other to really show their true colors.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
That was dumb, no b113 punish after parrying the gunshot? She was well within range and clearly had time to punish the lowered gun recovery animation. Raw SS standing 3? Sure, it connected but still. Then no follow up to the neutral jump at the end? That Wonder Woman was bad.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I personally don't think any of the Justice League should get their "own" movie. They are too bland and need each other to really show their true colors.
I actually think the polar opposite, and that's more the fact that people aren't interested to learn about characters like Aquaman or Flash even though they are very interesting characters with unique personalities. People that don't know a lot about characters like this find them corny or generic when if they actually took the time to read or learn about the characters they would find the exact opposite.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I actually think the polar opposite, and that's more the fact that people aren't interested to learn about characters like Aquaman or Flash even though they are very interesting characters with unique personalities. People that don't know a lot about characters like this find them corny or generic when if they actually took the time to read or learn about the characters they would find the exact opposite.
Let me rephrase what I meant. I totally get what you're saying here.

I mean characters like Superman and Batman are always the least interesting person in the room.

I personally think Hal Jordan and Oliver Queen have the most personality of any of them, and make for more humanized characters.

Characters that have good personality traits and are humanized are easy to create a movie for.

Characters like Batman and Superman and WW need TV shows, to develop them properly.

I honestly don't know a thing about Aquaman. I would probably be best to go find comics for him.

I do think you're right though. I just love seeing them interact with each other, since they can't bully each other around.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
That was dumb, no b113 punish after parrying the gunshot? She was well within range and clearly had time to punish the lowered gun recovery animation. Raw SS standing 3? Sure, it connected but still. Then no follow up to the neutral jump at the end? That Wonder Woman was bad.
I laughed pretttty hard here :)

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
Female superheroes just don't seem to translate well on film. Can't think of even one good one, ever. Maybe the newer version of catwoman, but she spent more time as herself than catwoman and even then.. For some reason the anime's always seem to be pretty good

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Female superheroes just don't seem to translate well on film. Can't think of even one good one, ever. Maybe the newer version of catwoman, but she spent more time as herself than catwoman and even then.. For some reason the anime's always seem to be pretty good
I thought Catwoman was pretty meh. You are right, idk why they cant get female superheroes down right.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I thought Catwoman was pretty meh. You are right, idk why they cant get female superheroes down right.
bad directors

and the directors are all males

They only understand them from a male perspective, and don't really help very well.

I honeslty don't think Superman and WW movies are a good idea. Since these two are already just SUPER AWESOME powerful. The only way to make the movie good and thoughtful, is either A) learning to use the powers B) Growing up with the powers.

Smallville already did this for superman and was really good with it up to a certain point.

I don't really know if you can do it with WW. How do you get the audience to side with a Woman who doesn't really like men at all? Seems like a tall task.