What's new

With bo rai cho's ending...

Will kotals ending be fixed and bo rai cho be in the place of erron black? Since he was Born in earth realm, he can't fight for outworld in Mortal Kombat...just sayin
:DOGE

Lokheit

Noob
A bunch of humans fought for Shao Khan.
AFAIK they can participate to kill other earthrealmets but I guess they would withdraw before the final round if they win it all... given how few casualties are there for a tournament called MORTAL kombat I'd say you can withdraw... the rules were never too clear and it looked like old man Shang Tsung randomly matching people against other 2 vs 1 and you being granted the opportunity to personally challenge your brother's killer after proving to Shao Kahn that you can mop the floor with Reptile. I don't think there is an Oultworld word for "brackets".

So probably Bo' didn't participate because he couldn't win and wasn't a big fan of killing fellow outworlders for the sake of it just to withdraw at the end. And given how non dead participants can lose multiple times I guess he can't eliminate them without a kill because they can still participate after that.

And I guess Erron can participate for the kills but then withdraw.

The only rule seems to be that you can't fight 2 times against the same opponent so probably it's a "show your worth until the host judges you worth of fighting their champion" thing.

Last edited:
Deadly Alliance was old continuity, doesn't matter anymore
lol, what? It absolutely does matter. Bo' Rai Cho never participated in the tournaments even before MK1, hence why he trained Liu Kang and Kung Lao. I'm pretty sure the rules of MK probably didn't change, so OP does make a valid point. Erron probably won't be able to participate unless he fights for Earthrealm, or the writers just forgot about that rule and don't give a fuck anymore.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I've always wondered how the actual logistics of the tournament itself worked. Example: in MK9 Story Mode when Johnny got the ever loving fuck beaten out of him by Ermac and yet lived to tell the tale.

Canon is weird.

haketh

Noob
lol, what? It absolutely does matter. Bo' Rai Cho never participated in the tournaments even before MK1, hence why he trained Liu Kang and Kung Lao. I'm pretty sure the rules of MK probably didn't change, so OP does make a valid point. Erron probably won't be able to participate unless he fights for Earthrealm, or the writers just forgot about that rule and don't give a fuck anymore.
It's a new continuity, if they wanna have loopholes or just not care about old small details who cares.

haketh

Noob
People who actually care about the lore of MK, lol. It's obvious that they stopped giving a shit about it a long time ago though.
I disagree, they've shown a ton of care & love to the new lore & story post reset. It's just new, the old lore you like is still around if you wanna go back to that.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Wouldn't Kotal just use him to attempt to assassinate the earthrealmers as opposed to actually fighting in the tournament?

There will probably be some loopholes for him to participate as the tournament seems full of those.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Pretty sure the lore went to shit after John Tobias left.
THANK YOU ! ! !
At last , one man acknowledging John Tobias' story contribution.
MK's story went to shit after MK4 and MK Mythologies.
Not to mention characters' design as well...
They took the recycled mk 1-2-3 story (MK9) and turned it into "The young and the restless". It's a shame since they had so many alternatives and options for MKX's story but....

Wouldn't Kotal just use him to attempt to assassinate the earthrealmers as opposed to actually fighting in the tournament?

There will probably be some loopholes for him to participate as the tournament seems full of those.
Considering this time it's Outworld on their heels instead of Earthrealm, I think it would be different. Kotal also seems to be a good bit more honorable than Shao Kahn. Shao Kahn was obsessed with conquering Earthrealm so he was always looking for a way to get around the rules.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
THANK YOU ! ! !
At last , one man acknowledging John Tobias' story contribution.
MK's story went to shit after MK4 and MK Mythologies.
Not to mention characters' design as well...
They took the recycled mk 1-2-3 story (MK9) and turned it into "The young and the restless". It's a shame since they had so many alternatives and options for MKX's story but....
More like the young and fucking dull. They could have done so many things with the kids storyline, but nope.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Considering this time it's Outworld on their heels instead of Earthrealm, I think it would be different. Kotal also seems to be a good bit more honorable than Shao Kahn. Shao Kahn was obsessed with conquering Earthrealm so he was always looking for a way to get around the rules.
True, but they seem to have portrayed Kotal as willing to do what's necessary to be a good leader to outworld, its hard to understand his personality since the inconsistency between the game and the comic.