if you have both wired/wireless controllers, which works better for you

• wired controller

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • wireless controller

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
my comparison of wired vs wireless Bluetooth controllers on ps4 or X1 (fighting games)

Wireless lag referring to the increased time it takes all wireless devices to communicate:

1. press a button on wireless controller
  2. wireless controller encodes the data into a packet for transmission over a network
  3. wireless controller encrypts the data packet (wouldn't want password characters transmitted in plain text over a wireless network)
  4. wireless controller transmits data packet to console
  5. wireless controller waits for acknowledgement of packet received by console, re-sends if necessary
  6. console decrypts data packet
  7. console decodes data packet into an instruction
  8. console performs action based on instruction
Compare that with a wired controller:

1. press a button on a wired controller
  2. instruction is sent directly to console via wire
  3. console performs action based on instruction

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I personally believe wired is better. I feel like there's less of a delay response when pressing a button as opposed to a wireless controller.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I get the sense that this is a subtle/ not subtle "WIRELESS FUCKING SUCKS" thread, alright got it, I actually prefer wired too so :p

If you dont know the PS4 controller always use the bluetooth signal even when plug in so there no way to go full wired on ps4 controller like the xbox or other plug in controllers.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
If you dont know the PS4 controller always use the bluetooth signal even when plug in so there no way to go full wired on ps4 controller like the xbox or other plug in controllers.
I have a ps4 fight stick so I do go full wired on ps4

I have a ps4 fight stick so I do go full wired on ps4
YYea ur good i just saying cause i didnt know till few weeks ago that the ps4 controller will always use bluetooth signal even plug in but everything else thats gets plug in or is on xbox is good when wired up better connection