What's new

wired ps3 controller

im doing a tourn next week and mk is on ps3, but i got an xbox and i wont use that shitty pad if you paid me. i figured finding a wired ps3 controller would be easy but all i can find is piss rated 3rd part controllers. were exactly does one go when looking for a decent wired ps3 controller? i thought this would be easy.....

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
HORI Fighting Commander 3 (Regular/Pro), MadCatz SFIV Fightpad, and PDP Versus Fightpad are probably the best 3rd-party PS3 controllers you'll find. If you want a stock PS3 pad that's wired, the closest thing would be a PS2 controller using an Inpin converter by eTokki. :)

HORI Fighting Commander 3 (Regular/Pro), MadCatz SFIV Fightpad, and PDP Versus Fightpad are probably the best 3rd-party PS3 controllers you'll find. If you want a stock PS3 pad that's wired, the closest thing would be a PS2 controller using an Inpin converter by eTokki. :)
I'll second the HORI FC3. It's all I use and it owns, and owns hard. It's got a nice d pad, very easy to hit diagonals; it's got real buttons for L2 and R2, and not the weird trigger things that are on the stock PS3 controller; it has a 6 button layout with the L1 and R1 buttons on the, uh, flat part of the controller, but it also has R1 and L1 as triggers, so you can use those buttons in whichever way is more comfortable for you (I use the triggers for MK and the 6 button layout for HDR). Also the turbo function is useful for the Test Your Might challenges in the Challenge Tower ;)

I've been trying to practice with the 360 pad....it's more of a fucking crutch then training tool
I'll check the hori thx