What's new

Winter Brawl Scheduling Update: READ THIS!

Noob
Ok, I have confirmed a lot of information with BigE, so if you're attending Winter Brawl, then make sure you are well aware of all this.

I cannot stress this enough:

PRE-REGISTER FOR MK9!!!
Pre-registration ends today, February 18, 2013 at 5pm EST.

By pre-registering you will save money and time.

Those that do not pre-register:

1. MK9 registrations begin Saturday at 10am and will END at 11am.

2. MK9 tournament starts at 1pm.

3. MK9 Pools will be posted between before the tournament starts with approximate times for each pool.

4. MK9 will run down to TOP 8 on Saturday.

5. MK9 TOP 8 will be held PROMPTLY at 10am on Sunday Morning on Spooky's stream. Do not complain if you are DQ'd because you didn't go to sleep till 7am and missed your Top 8 match.

Players in Top 8, I cannot stress this enough:

IF YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO GET YOURSELF TO A TOURNAMENT, PAY FOR ENTRY AND MAKE IT TO TOP 8, THEN BE RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO GET ENOUGH SLEEP IN PREPARATION FOR TOP 8 AT 10AM.

I will see you all on Saturday.

Noob
Looking forward to this. See y'all there! Lets play casuals!
Gonna be good to see you again. MK at Winter Brawl will definitely be run better than it was at NEC. Can't wait for some of you to meet rsiegel28, aka, The Kombat Nazi... some of you have met him before and some of you will meet him for the first time.

BTW, for those that don't know, rsiegel28 is my brother, also a founding member of KombatNetwork and a no-nonsense bracket runner.

Noob
can we know what day the tournament will take place will they have casuals friday?
See my previous post... we're currently determining the day and times for MK2 and UMK3. Once we know them, we'll post them. A decision will be made within the next few days.

As for casuals, I'm not sure what will be up and running for casuals on Friday night. I doubt there will be MK9 casuals for Friday night outside of hotel room casuals.

Noob
Oh, and seriously, I will have my wife's cookies and brownies with me again... just like at NEC.

Goldi

Noob
Is Virtua Fighter there? I entered a tournament for it on a whim this weekend and now I'm dying to see how I'd do with some practice! <3

Noob
Another bump for those attending Winter Brawl that have missed this...

YOU HAVE 31 MINUTES LEFT TO PRE-REGISTER FOR WINTER BRAWL!!!

@9.95 will there be setups for people who want to play casuals on sunday after the mk9 tourney is over or there will be other tourneys running on sunday?

Noob
@9.95 will there be setups for people who want to play casuals on sunday after the mk9 tourney is over or there will be other tourneys running on sunday?
Not sure yet. The room MK9 will be in on Saturday is only available Saturday... meaning that if we are running anything on Sunday, we'll have to break down the ENTIRE setup and move it to the big room on Sunday night... a daunting task, needless to say.

Right now I've been talking to Shock about how we're going to run things.

Right now I can tell you this:

1. MK9 will go from start to Top 8 on Saturday... no questions asked.
2. I am trying to get AT LEAST ONE of the 2D MK tournaments, MK2 or UMK3, done on Saturday. If we can do both, we will.
3. MK9 Top 8 will run at 10am SHARP on Spooky's stream on Sunday morning.

Outside of this, decisions are currently being made and I'll have all info for everyone ASAP.

Matix218

Get over here!
Phil : yeah I know... I wish I could be there :(

Crum: you will get your runback at the next Philly tournament hopefully! Good luck at WB man, hope you kick some ass!

Noob
Ok, pre-reg is officially over as of last night. Regardless... make sure you're there and prepared to register at 10am on Saturday morning.