What's new

Why is MK9 usually the first game to be streamed at events?

I'm not going to pretend like I'm an expert on the topic, but from what I've seen, MK9 usually has the most viewers on stream whenever it is on. So why is it usually always the first game to be hosted when the top 8 start?

alot of people are watching for mk, but a lot are also waiting for the next thing that will be on, imo they put it first to bring further attention to it and hopefully it will reach the level of popularity capcom games are at

Street Fighter is the 'big' thing. MK is not. If they keep SF till the end that means they keep viewers till the end. Of course, if you take time into factor then you can potentially lose viewers because of those who work, school, etc.

Overall there are arguments for both sides.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
They probably do it because MK9 is the newest to the fighting game scene, out of SF4, Tekken, BlazBlue, Marvel, etc.
Streaming it first helps increase its audience, simply put.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
They probably do it because MK9 is the newest to the fighting game scene, out of SF4, Tekken, BlazBlue, Marvel, etc.
Streaming it first helps increase its audience, simply put.
I was just going to say the exact thing. It might not be a matter of popularity it might be a matter of older games/companies that have been in the circuit for a while and have a following. This as far as I know is the first MK that's even considered tournament worthy.