What's new

Why is it that i lose to scrubs, but do better vs GOOD ppl

So, i havent been playing UMK3 really and was over my friends house. He asked me to help him get the 100 ranked wins so i said sure... As im playing im destroying the extremly bad players and flawlessing the people who are actually "Decent" but for some reason whenever i play a Kung Lao that can ONLY tele-Autocombo or a Human smoke who cant even get down the 40%+ I lose.. Its really frustrating losing to scrubs, Anyone else get this problem? Same goes true for other games like SSBM :(

DAVE101 said:
No offense but get better at the game and you wont have the problem. :D
i'm with dave here, but the problem with fighting new people rather than veteran's is because new people have no strats, where as veterans do and they might be easier to see,

I still lose to the occasional Noob Smoke. I hate it, cause I know Im better than that but it's like poop said. Your just not used to it.

this is also why during playing MvC with shock i could almost beat him, but i never could, he's a punk at that game lol

Once in a while I'll get beat by a scrub, due to my worn out controller or something, usually a sub-zero or a sonya... And sometimes I get real pissed off, which isn't a common occurence with me.

Then there's some people who are like Rock/papers/sciccors with me and other people.. like today, Jokalk always beat me, AI Armageddon alwways beat him, and I always beat AI Armageddon. That I don't have a problem wiht, but it confuses the hell out of me.

Thats because most of them are unpredictable. I also get hit by the stupidest shit when I come against them because I don't expect it.

its all about unpredictability and over confidence. Like that guy said before, usually the good players have a strategy that you can figure out after a short while, the scrubs just play. Knowing that they are scrubs you probably get big headed and thing you're going own that person so youre normal way of playing changes, you probably dont block as much, stuff like that.

Yeah Exactly.. I get REAAAAAAALLLY Cocky while playing.. Seriously, like for some reason i get OVER Confident and then as soon as i mess up theres a new hole in the wall... lol, DC you wanna play some tonight? Ive played you before and was fun having someone beat meh :D

Re: Why is it that i lose to scrubs, but do better vs GOOD p

LI Maverick said:
So, i havent been playing UMK3 really and was over my friends house. He asked me to help him get the 100 ranked wins so i said sure... As im playing im destroying the extremly bad players and flawlessing the people who are actually "Decent" but for some reason whenever i play a Kung Lao that can ONLY tele-Autocombo or a Human smoke who cant even get down the 40%+ I lose.. Its really frustrating losing to scrubs, Anyone else get this problem? Same goes true for other games like SSBM :(
easy, "scrubs" dont play everyday. so, you dont know there habits, as you do of the regulars therefore you has less room for error.

You know, I have to agree. This is a very common problem for me on DOA4/UMK3 and MK:Armageddon. I've been playing a very long time, and my hardest fights are ones against people who do the following:

NEVER STOP JK (with Liu/Kano/Female Ninjas)
Pick Cyborg Smoke
Sub-Zero sweep, freeze grab, freeze, grab.

Or just general noobs...

megalomaniacvon said:
You know, I have to agree. This is a very common problem for me on DOA4/UMK3 and MK:Armageddon. I've been playing a very long time, and my hardest fights are ones against people who do the following:

NEVER STOP JK (with Liu/Kano/Female Ninjas)
Pick Cyborg Smoke
Sub-Zero sweep, freeze grab, freeze, grab.

Or just general noobs...
Thats because you are a scrub and a sore loser.

How does playing to a characters' strengths make you a noob? Of course Kano users are going to J/K a lot, that is one of his best features. And what are Sub players suppose to do? Honestly, the really good players that I've come up against don't have problems with any of these things.