What's new

Question Why is Billy on The Regime?

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
Billy Batson is one of my favorite DC heroes, now i know him (as many do) as Captain Marvel, and i think its pretty silly calling him by the phrase he shouts, so i just call him Billy Batson.

anyways, the Aquaman trailer surfaced last week and we get to see Billy's awesome alt costume but it is apparent that he is on The Regime/"the badguy side." of course he is one of DC comics' most true hearted and innocent heroes.(before the new 52) And a lot of people are asking why he sides with a dictatorship.

Well this is my therory, we all know Billy Batson is a little kid that idolizes Superman. he loves everything about Sups and as all kids do, he wants to be just like his hero. so when Superman makes the Regime naturally Billy sides with the hero he looks up to.

That being said the story can go one of two ways. Superman can brain wash Billy to become bad. Or Billy probably sees Superman killing someone or doing something bad and switches sides because he sees that Sups is not the hero Billy once loved. I really hope Billy switches sides and plays a big role in the Story.

Please tell me what you guys think and Keep the Batson hype up cuz i am gonna main the hell out of this character and hopefully i can bring him to the top of tournaments because i plan on training all the time.

SHAZAM!!!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think it's a combination between him idolizing superman, wanting to be like him and the new 52 where he's a sneaky con more or less lol perhaps the combination of both made dc and nrs say hmm, he should be on the regime side.

Well this is my therory, we all know Billy Batson is a little kid that idolizes Superman. he loves everything about Sups and as all kids do, he wants to be just like his hero. so when Superman makes the Regime naturally Billy sides with the hero he looks up to.
That.

Although I wonder why Flash could be the first one to leave the Regime, you know, because of the way he "looked concerned" in the trailer (YEAH, I'M MAKING FUN OF SOME WEIRD PERSON WHO TALKS TOO MUCH) and maybe also even because the battle arena fight between Flash and Shazam.

There was that JLU episode where Captain Marvel joins the Justice League, but leaves it later on, because he doesn't think they're right, so it would have been a nice homage to that episode to see him leaving the Regime at first.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
As of right now, I don't even see the Regime as the bad guys.

So I can see why Billy would join up with them. I mean, why wouldn't he join Superman in actively ridding the world of crime for good, and become the universal law makers and enforcers? So until Superman starts killing people for lying or whatever, I'd say he's in the right.

are you referring to me?
No?
Either JaeRoar or Dinozords with their pathetic videos every now and then. Yae, I think it was JaeRoar who made that trailer breakdown... damn, that was so stupid. But Dinozords is even worse with his top tier lists for the game, LOL!

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
No?
Either JaeRoar or Dinozords with their pathetic videos every now and then. Yae, I think it was JaeRoar who made that trailer breakdown... damn, that was so stupid. But Dinozords is even worse with his top tier lists for the game, LOL!
lol ok as long as its not me and off the record i do not not agree with you.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
That.

Although I wonder why Flash could be the first one to leave the Regime, you know, because of the way he "looked concerned" in the trailer (YEAH, I'M MAKING FUN OF SOME WEIRD PERSON WHO TALKS TOO MUCH) and maybe also even because the battle arena fight between Flash and Shazam.

There was that JLU episode where Captain Marvel joins the Justice League, but leaves it later on, because he doesn't think they're right, so it would have been a nice homage to that episode to see him leaving the Regime at first.
haha I thought of that episode too when I saw this topic, that fight was epic. That was also oldschool pre-new 52 billy. DC has seemed to made the character edgier, less worried about morals.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Pretty sure story mode will have an ending.
Pretty sure that ending will be in favor of not killing everyone.
Pretty sure everybody in the regime is going to change their mind on where they stand. Jussayin.

Reedoms

Noob
If he stays on Superman's side after the killing starts the only thing I could think of is that the wizard agrees with Superman and he wants Bill to stick with him.