What's new

Why ECT3 was very special to me.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Was gonna make this in to a blog but I decided to just create a thread... anywho, last year things changed for me... and I owe the following people for this change; Shock, 9.95, Dark_Rob, Krayzie Bone and Tim Static for they were the ones that cracked my shell and got me to go to my first tournament. My first tournament being ECT2 where I met all the guys and still remember SJCage calling out names on the mic and looking over at me almost like a "double-take"... it was one of the greatest days of my life to be completely honest. I felt at home and something told me that day... "THIS is what it's about." Meeting the guys from the sites and meeting Ghaleon, LIJoe who in my eyes was an MK celebrity and still is. I also would like to give a very special "Thank you" to Tim Static because without him at the tournament being my "guide" and introducing me to everyone I probably would have been "that guy" just standing there not knowing who anyone was, though I know that wouldn't happen because the MK guys are ungodly kind and very welcoming. From Shock encouraging some guys to mess around on UMK3 to try it out to the sheer dedication and work that went in to it.

Anyway, those memories of ECT2 are where I really began to plant my seeds with TestYourMight... after this experience, the very best way I can describe this is... "Going to your first tournament is like taking the red pill. And down the rabbit hole!!!" So, essentially I owe those guys for the success of TYM. But, enough about this site and more about ECT3. :)

ECT3 marked my 1 year anniversary as a "tournament player". This was very special to me because with every tournament I go to I strive to do more than the previous tournament. At ECT2 I was a spectator and at SJ of 2010 I brought a camcorder to record the matches (a camcorder in which I literally bought the night before)... then came NECXI... where I brought the mega cab... etc, etc. I plan to attend ALL North East tournaments from here on out and if possible, I would like to attend Season's Beatings this year as well as CEO 2012 next year... it might be the first tournament I fly to.

On another note concerning ECT3, I have one more video to upload that captures the overall feel of the success of ECT3 (crowd footage) that I plan to post along with the ECT3 results, which should be released soon.

Anyway, thank you everyone... and I hope to meet/see you all again at Summer Jam!